yx150 vs yx160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoluver

Reaction score
Still undecided on what motor to put into my RX. Overall what is the better motor? I like the look of the 150cc with the electric start but the yx160 has 10cc advantage. Is there much difference in power and is the yx160 capable of lighting/charging out of the crate

The yx150 is $630 and the yx160 $600 so price isnt a factor

Last edited:
Id go for the 150 mate.
Then down the track when you get bored of the 150 you can chuck a TB kit in it and have no problem starting it with the electric start.

The yx160 is more than capable of having a lighting/charging kit on it, just make sure it has the two yellow and black extra wires popping out of the ignition cover! Yeah for your application id go for the yx150 e start, slap a oko 26 on and jet her, she'll give you many and many hours of fun, add a tb kit like snaptrax suggested, it'll go like the clappers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The yx160 is more than capable of having a lighting/charging kit on it, just make sure it has the two yellow and black extra wires popping out of the ignition cover! Yeah for your application id go for the yx150 e start, slap a oko 26 on and jet her, she'll give you many and many hours of fun, add a tb kit like snaptrax suggested, it'll go like the clappers!

Okay thanks guys. What bbk are available for the 150? I've seen the 184cc kits for the 160 but haven't come across anything for the 150

Ahh they run the same bore, as in the 160 and 150 both run 60mm bores,
the tb 184 64mm kit will bolt on but it'll take it out to 171cc !
Just upgrade your clutch springs, try and save ya cases, even know it's not as bad as the 184, but the piece of mind is what you want with a road reged bike

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh they run the same bore, as in the 160 and 150 both run 60mm bores,
the tb 184 64mm kit will bolt on but it'll take it out to 171cc !
Just upgrade your clutch springs, try and save ya cases, even know it's not as bad as the 184, but the piece of mind is what you want with a road reged bike

thanks buddy

personaly i am a fan of the longer stroke yx 160 as it packs a bigger punch...only upgrades ive done on numerous engines is a clutch upgrade

im chopping up on the yx160 or the anima 190 for my rx build

Latest posts

Back