YX160 CLUTCH SLIP

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazzy #1

Reaction score
Hey guys just having abit of trouble with my clutch I've had the right hand side casing off a dozen times now and cannot sort it out

The clutch will only slip when I am giving it although I have adjusted the springs quite a few times and cannot find a happy medium

I had the motor pulled down as I done a complete top end and at the same time I had the clutch basket out unsure wether I have done up the basket to tight but I'm slightly lost as to what it might be

How the free play in the lever.

The arm out of the case should move by pushing it forward about 5mm then go hard.

Hey guys just having abit of trouble with my clutch I've had the right hand side casing off a dozen times now and cannot sort it out

The clutch will only slip when I am giving it although I have adjusted the springs quite a few times and cannot find a happy medium

I had the motor pulled down as I done a complete top end and at the same time I had the clutch basket out unsure wether I have done up the basket to tight but I'm slightly lost as to what it might be

how did you adjust the springs??
the bolts that hold the springs to the basket get done up tight..

what colour are your clutch plates?

time for a new one with h/d springs by the sounds of it

had a bike at work the other day were the first steel in the clutch kit had not recessed properly and from the clutch kit being installed and tightened the steel had been bent from the pressure and this was causing it to slip, but like sean said the springs should be tight and they arent adjustable, any colouring in the plates show heat and slippage. def sounds like time for a new kit and HD springs

If your replacing anything mate, I would go the HD clutch springs without hesitation. A proven setup is 2 HD springs opposing each other with the other springs stock, this will reduce clutch slippage without stiffening the clutch arm to much.

how did you adjust the springs??
the bolts that hold the springs to the basket get done up tight..

what colour are your clutch plates?

time for a new one with h/d springs by the sounds of it

That's what I was after

I had tightened all four springs in the clutch basket and then backed them off as I thaught there was too much tension there

Anyone got two HD clutch springs handy?

Latest posts

Back