yz426 and a 13 year old how will it end.....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATOMIKRIDER22

Reaction score
hellos im 13 and found a well sorta bargin a yz426 for 1800.
but it seems assaid by a few people i could handle a yz250 2t in another thred (i didnt get the bike).and i really need a new bike more cc because ive blown my atomik 150 up 3 times.
but i dont know if a yz 426 is any differant is it any harder to ride?
its in perfect condition but bone stock apart from a sticker kit that suposably adds 5 million more hp. any way any help aapreciated.
thanks....

Ok I have wr400 and it's not the easiest thing to start and that's a lot of bike for a 13 yr old could end messy you would be better off going and xr 250,400 or a wr/yzf 250

it will be much bigger and heavier, but being a four stroke the power will be much more linear which (anyone correct me if im wrong) would probably be a bit easier to handle than a yz250. im sure you culd probably learn to ride it, and as long as you start slow and then work your way up, it shouldn't be too bad. But as minibiker said, a 250 four stroke would be good for you. they are usually a bit smaller and lighter and easier to control, and you can still go fast on them if you have the skills.

it will be much bigger and heavier, but being a four stroke the power will be much more linear which (anyone correct me if im wrong) would probably be a bit easier to handle than a yz250. im sure you culd probably learn to ride it, and as long as you start slow and then work your way up, it shouldn't be too bad. But as minibiker said, a 250 four stroke would be good for you. they are usually a bit smaller and lighter and easier to control, and you can still go fast on them if you have the skills.

yeah ya see im planing on getting it going for 5 rides then going to win hattah deasert raace jks
and i cant find a 250 4t ccheep enuff if i do its an old rusty peice of s**t

Last edited:
It maybe cheap but trust me you will regret it my mate came out with me a few times and thought he was the best rider and went out and brought him self a 525 kato and it's now for sale and he dosent want to ride anymore save your money and buy something you want and it dosnt need to be the best looking thing as long as it is in good nick

power with any vehicle is adaptable but a wr426 with a 13yr old leg is going to be hectic to try and start all the time... no decomp which means mountains of compression. if you get bogged and stall it you will find yrself walking back to the car lol

power with any vehicle is adaptable but a wr426 with a 13yr old leg is going to be hectic to try and start all the time... no decomp which means mountains of compression. if you get bogged and stall it you will find yrself walking back to the car lol

not if i buyit and sell it $1800 sell for $2300 think i will work...? oh and btw its a yz426 so it has got a decompesion thingo well they are supposed to btw 2002 model

Last edited:
yeah has a manual decomp lever but not auto decomp...

buy n sell could be a good idea as long as it doesnt bite you in the ass

hope thats sarcasm cos i can spell it and im not afraid to do it...

Sarcasm...nope. Honesty, yep.

Youve come on asking about a bike, and if it would be suitable for yourself. Most have said no.

Youve then said, well ill buy it and re sell it for a higher price.

THEN you've stated "it looks the part some some idiot will buy it"

Lastly, and most recently posted, you've claimed you can spell. A claim you've yet to prove after a page and a bit.

awsome comeback

Sarcasm...nope. Honesty, yep.

Youve come on asking about a bike, and if it would be suitable for yourself. Most have said no.

Youve then said, well ill buy it and re sell it for a higher price.

THEN you've stated "it looks the part some some idiot will buy it"

Lastly, and most recently posted, you've claimed you can spell. A claim you've yet to prove after a page and a bit.

well if i gotit for 1800 witch is what it went for i wouldtake good pics then re sell it for 2300 it was just an idea
then i meant people will buy a bike just cos it looks good even if its not that good as said (dude it got a new sticker kit that must what add 5 million hp)
and last thatwasa joke i said i could spell IT and i did twice cos u said im an idiot so intern u know what ur talking bout when it comes to bikes anything else and... i wont swear. ur and apple... lol

well if i gotit for 1800 witch is what it went for i wouldtake good pics then re sell it for 2300 it was just an idea
then i meant people will buy a bike just cos it looks good even if its not that good

when buying a bike, most people don't go for all appearance.
sure, what the bike looks like is considered. but, most people look further into the add.
you would have to come across an absolute nitwitt to judge a bike on appearance.
if the bike was in good condition then yeah, there would be a few offers. otherwise... no, not many.

cheers
vipes

when buying a bike, most people don't go for all appearance.
sure, what the bike looks like is considered. but, most people look further into the add.
you would have to come across an absolute nitwitt to judge a bike on appearance.
if the bike was in good condition then yeah, there would be a few offers. otherwise... no, not many.

cheers
vipes

yeah i say this cos i saw a bike on ebay with no sticker kit and no one bidded on it from strting bid 1800 then it was relisted with a sticker kit and sold for 2700
i found that stpid cos all he did was put on asticker kit

many people will disregard a bike without a kit or good looking stuff because it makes it look out or thrashed, when usually they aren't. It's true that a bike will ge for more if it looks good and clean, it shows its been looked after ( at least looks like it). Theres also nothing wrong with an older bike, just because they look old. It would probably be a better option in the short term to jump on an older bike that costs less to get used to riding a bigger bike, since you are probably used to your 150. You wont worry about scratching the plastics and you can learn to ride well. I have a 87' xr 250 which is big and old, but i still keep up, then when i jump on a newer bike i have the skills to be able to ride, not just lay the throttle down like most do.

An open 4t bike, with a decade of abuse behind it, is the last thing a kid needs. No specifics as to what and how on the "rebuild" or mention of the lower end. Suspension bushings, seals, etc all add up fast. You could be looking at matching the purchase price in repairs, easily. The "modern" era of thumper racers is a fickle, maintenance-hogging thing. Better off on an old one two five. At least they're cheaper and easier to fix. If looking to pretty up and make a buck, keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back