Z160 ho engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letsride1

Reaction score
Iv got a z160 ho ‘race engine’ in a atomik frame few problems I had with it so far was the Carburetor witch I had on it was a oko 30mm flat side race carby and it would constantly bog out even after getting it tuned etc went down to a 26 oko and seems to of fixed the problem want some tips on it if there’s any other places to get the replacement oil filters for them that is cheaper and not such a rip of and to see what oils other people use and in general just want some good advice on keeping the engine maintained and the bike in general good condition also wondering about oiling and cleaning the air filter on it and was also wanting to figure out what the total oil capacity is on it as I can’t find much info on the engines anywhere

can get the oil filters from dhz, they hold 750-900mls depending whether you have an oil cooler.
i've always used castrol power1 10w-40 part synthetic, formerly known as GPS.
get proper air filter cleaner and oil, dont use petrol as it dissolves the glue on the filters.
great engines!

Yes mate I have a oil cooler so it holds around 900 mls including a single oil filter ? I’m using penrite 15-50w mineral oil at the moment for it as when I called dhz they said any mineral oil will do what airfilter oil and cleaner do you use mate!! Cheers for the help appreciate it the only thing is the oil filters from dhz are very expensive for what it is Theyr cheaper for Yamaha’s Honda’s etc

yeah roughly 900mls with cooler, i fill to top of hash marks on dipstick without screwing in with my twin coolers.
I use Putoline cleaner and oil for the air filters but most brands work good as long as you stick with same brand cleaner and oil....
if you can find HIFLO oil filters then the hiflo HF131 is what you need.

yeah roughly 900mls with cooler, i fill to top of hash marks on dipstick without screwing in with my twin coolers.
I use Putoline cleaner and oil for the air filters but most brands work good as long as you stick with same brand cleaner and oil....
if you can find HIFLO oil filters then the hiflo HF131 is what you need.
Cheers mate appreciate it

How’s it all going mate?
hey mate not going too bad just waiting to bleed my front breaks and put it back on i’m also ordering a new oil filter soon o sort of am wanting to change from the mineral oil to a semi synthetic too just thinking about it how’s yours going mate?

Yeah awesome man
I hate bleeding breaks haha but it’s gotta be done semi synthetic oil is the best
Try to get a 10w40 oil alot better for wet clutches aswell
Best tip for air filters try to have one spare
And when it’s dirty wash it out with hot soapy water hang it up to dry and youl always have a clean filter then after you’ve washed your bike for the next ride
Wipe some oil on it and off you go

Yeah awesome man
I hate bleeding breaks haha but it’s gotta be done semi synthetic oil is the best
Try to get a 10w40 oil alot better for wet clutches aswell
Best tip for air filters try to have one spare
And when it’s dirty wash it out with hot soapy water hang it up to dry and youl always have a clean filter then after you’ve washed your bike for the next ride
Wipe some oil on it and off you go
hey mate just wondering if you would know the valve clearance on it as everyone is sort of telling me different things and i honestly don’t know what to believe

Yeah man you want to make the intake 0.003 and 0.004 for exhaust valve
That’s what I’ve always set mine at
Some people say abit different but only marginally just make sure your motor is at top dead centre first
Take your spark plug out and gentle put a small screwdriver in and push the Kickstarter down with your hand until you feel the piston hit the screwdriver and your at tdc
Hope that helps :)

Yeah man you want to make the intake 0.003 and 0.004 for exhaust valve
That’s what I’ve always set mine at
Some people say abit different but only marginally just make sure your motor is at top dead centre first
Take your spark plug out and gentle put a small screwdriver in and push the Kickstarter down with your hand until you feel the piston hit the screwdriver and your at tdc
Hope that helps :)
will give it a go tomorrow and keep you posted!! do you by any chance know what .003 and .004 is in metric as my feeler guages are metric

Oh that’s awesome bro
Might have to buy one on eBay you can get them really cheap
Yeah should fix the ticking noise but some ticking is normal so don’t worry to much just set your valve clearance
When your bike is cold and maybe double check after you’d had it running for a bit

Oh that’s awesome bro
Yeah should fix the ticking noise but some ticking is normal so don’t worry to much just set your valve clearance
When your bike is cold and maybe double check after you’d had it running for a bit
tbolt said use .003 and .005 i just done that and bike didn’t seem to like it much at all like when revving they wouldn’t return nicely

Oh that’s awesome bro
do you have facebook where i can send you a text?

Oh that’s awesome bro
update i went for a ride with it running supposedly .004 and .006 so 0.10 mm and 0.15 mm and it wasn’t rattling to bad until it got hot and then it was noticeable again gonna go over it and double check it again i guess

Latest posts

Back