Z160Ho lighting and battery charging?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, I've changed the wiring aaaaand it doesn't seem to do much at all :/ Might try a 4 pin rectifier whenever it gets here... Or sell this god damn thing and buy something that will actually work :p So frustrating trying to get this thing just right

He bought the Lifan 150 adjustable timing outer rotor kit.

ENP-27.LF150.jpg

I was 99% sure it needed the stator backing plate machined so the flywheel had clearance to it.
http://www.miniriders.com/electrica...-z155ho-z160ho-etc.html?highlight=outer+rotor

Last edited:
Hmm shoulda stuck with stock yx type..hasnt let me down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine runs 5 pin

He bought the Lifan 150 adjustable timing outer rotor kit.

ENP-27.LF150.jpg

I was 99% sure it needed the stator backing plate machined so the flywheel had clearance to it.
http://www.miniriders.com/electrica...-z155ho-z160ho-etc.html?highlight=outer+rotor

Yeah it would have needed machining, but as I said we just decided to take the charging parts off the lifan stator and bolt them on to the z160 stator and used the z160 flywheel. It fit perfectly and the way we had it wired up seemed to be running well for a while, and now theres next to no charge :/ Perhaps it could just be the 5 pin rectifier not liking the single output stator?

I've actually looked up lifan 150 diagrams and they always use a 4 pin reg/rec. I've ordered one and it should be here later today. The difference between that and the 5 pin is that there is no black wire on the 4 pin. And looking at a wiring diagram for the motovert there seems to be many black wires coming off all the lights and brake sensors that eventually join up to that one black wire on the 5-pin reg/rec. I can put up a pic of it if I'm not making much sense :p Maybe black is just an earth for all the lights and stuff?

My stock wiring off rx was exactly same as yx160 stator wiring just snip the old plug off old engine and ur good to go..
8afb1f511961a0d6dde0168948d7f395.jpg

My stock wiring off rx was exactly same as yx160 stator wiring just snip the old plug off old engine and ur good to go..
8afb1f511961a0d6dde0168948d7f395.jpg

I will consider your setup if I can't get my one to work :)

Get urs done and you 2 can burn side plates like a boss lol
c935df963e4a26b8856be640784a6e80.jpg

Get urs done and you 2 can burn side plates like a boss lol
c935df963e4a26b8856be640784a6e80.jpg

Hahaha omg that's munted!

You mentioned before you have an LED headlight. What is it and where did you get it from? I've been looking everywhere for one :p

Last edited:
Woo! Back from the bike shop and it charges its battery again :D Turns out running it with a 4 pin rectifier and the dual output setup I had the first time is the way to go. Its back to 12.5v at idle with the lights on and 13+ when revved. Lights off it's higher by about a volt or two. Finally...

Latest posts

Back