z160ho oil cooler help needed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnz50r

Reaction score
I have a pitsterpro z160ho which I want to totally remove the oil cooler and not use it at all.. as the motor is in my z50r and the cooler clutters it up too much (want a cleaner look) is it just a case of finding bolts and blocking the holes in the motor ? or do I have to run a pipe to link the 2 holes for the cooler ? ,Ive done a search but came up with bugger all and don't want to hurt my engine ...

Just a thought, could you run it on the side of the bike? wont clutter up the front then, and will still provide some cooling? Those engines get warm, especially at high RPM for long stretches i.e road travel.

thinking maybe its best to keep the cooler so does anybody have any suggestions for a really good looking cooler that's not your typical pitbike one, as if im going to keep a cooler I may aswell use braided lines ,an fittings and a decent cooler so at least it will look good.

I don't think they look out of place or untidy, especially if done nicely

IMG_0056-1.jpg

mcs-honda-1977-z50-140-mini-motard-500x375.jpg

oil-cooler-kitaco-z50r.jpg

205047-11.jpg

I18479741

IMG_0204.jpg

images

oil-cooler-superhead-88.jpg

This looks cool if you wanna do something different
DSC06624.jpg

or this
e49dbf137b3e12c6674ea86b5b1f6b15.jpg

but if you want it out of the way, something like this is what i suggested in the previous post
ducati-multistrada-1.jpg

I like the look of the bottom mount, but it's only good for road use.

I reckon someone here had a cooler mounted under the headlight too off the bottom tripple clamp ?
something like the top 2x pics

cooler-installed.jpg

images

10919225_417768238389328_71506704_n.jpg

This looks cool if you wanna do something different
DSC06624.jpg

or this
e49dbf137b3e12c6674ea86b5b1f6b15.jpg

but if you want it out of the way, something like this is what i suggested in the previous post
ducati-multistrada-1.jpg
I see that botom one not getting enough airflow to be effective. The front mount on the bottom triple looks good to, and would have to get the best airflow of any mounting position.

I see that botom one not getting enough airflow to be effective. The front mount on the bottom triple looks good to, and would have to get the best airflow of any mounting position.

If it's good enough for a Duc it's good enough for a mini ;) But yea, it would be the case, but certainly better than not running one at all.

mmmm, lots of ideas and help here... mounted directly on the engine with a custom bracket looks good to me. It cant go on the frame as I don't want to weld any tabs to the frame or drill it and using hoseclamps to mount it to the frame is just plain dodgy , I want to keep my frame unmolested.

Latest posts

Back