Z50 build streetlegal

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoNsTaR

Reaction score
hey guys,
First post on this forum, love ALL the z50s on here, glad to say I can be a part of it.
after a while of looking I finally found a z50 with compliance plate :D
the project is going to take a while to get going as I have to finish my car first.

Im planning to get rid of most of the standard gear on the bike, like the front end, tank, seat etc, so PM me if you want to buy them.

I also bought a CRF 50 cheap with MANY mods so my Z50 should have:

lowered Fastace forks.
Lifan 140cc oil cooled motor
12" wheels
Disk brakes front and back
modified crf +18 ish swingarm
330mm shocks

I still dont know how I want the overall look. wether to do a cafe racer or closer to a stocker with mods.

Also, I dont know what tank and seat to get.
GIVE ME IDEAS :D

I will have pics soon

cheers

PIC
IMAG0192.jpg

how are you going to sort the speedo if running crf front end ? the drive pickup is off the hub and the Z's are wider than crf front ends with notches in the hubs to work the pickup.

my bro is machining a spacer to make it work. if that doesnt work, then we'll be modifying the hub to accept it.

should be interesting to see if it will work

Some of the electric needle and digital takegawa speedo's can be calibrated to different wheel sizes.

thats good to know. I was seeing if I could use another system for a speedo but there doesnt seem to be much info.

if worst come to worst, ill get 10" wheels and mill new tripple clamps.

It's Jordain (Ke10), You bought my mates car that was in my backyard haha!!

haha, no ****, thats awesome. what 50 you ride?

I've decided to keep the tank and seat, just fix them

Update, sooner then expected
stripped it! took 30 mins, now its in 1000 pieces.
IMAG0199.jpg

and here is the donor bike in the back of my car
IMAG0197.jpg

it has been named.... johnny chimpo

decals for the tank will be made haha

Monster this is cool i am building a 78 z50 dragbike right now. I just joined miniriders to fallow your thread and see how it goes. I will post some pics of mine and let yo check it out.

Monster this is cool i am building a 78 z50 dragbike right now. I just joined miniriders to fallow your thread and see how it goes. I will post some pics of mine and let yo check it out.

thanks mate, that means alot to me. Im keen to see how a drag z50 would look. sounds insane. how much hp you looking at getting out of it?

BOOOOOM update,

just been working on painting and acquiring parts. just need a few more things like exhaust, luggage rack, speedo and headlight, if anyone has any of those, I WANT THEM

hers is the bike with swingarm before it was modified and with the forks on
IMAG0262.jpg

Its still going to be lowerd another 10cm or so.

and here is with wheels and tank +seat and dont worry, those wheels are only temporary and its all before its been lowered.
IMAG0266.jpg

now its stripped down again ready for welding/reinforcement and re welding tabs that have been damaged.

I've painted the engine with ceramic paint looks awesome :D and now i just wanna get it all done and ride it.

Latest posts

Back