Z50 Engines.. What are they worth?!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolsp33d

Reaction score
Got a couple..
Would classify them as 'not running' both turn over so are not seized, one is from a Z50J(the yella bike) the other a Z50R. Both are genuine Honda. Both as far as im aware are unmolestered ie: original bore and stroke. NO ENGINE WORK THAT I KNOW OF. Would classify them as suitable for rebuild and not be sold as a running item, the J one is low on compression and havnt tried to actually start recently, the R motor have had started on the bench, but hasnt been tested under load.

Would sell them as Engine Only. No electrics or intakes or exhaust.

any idea on rough prices? I know they are a well sought after engine.. but no idea price wise.

If I get a chance, will get them cleaned up and post up some pics if there is anyone GENUINELY interested. Please feel free to PM me if you are.

55 people dont know what they are worth!? :/

Im one of the 55 that looked, but can genuinely tell you i dont have a clue, i would of thought the other owners of zeddas could help. motodevo has a few judging from his signature, maybe drop him a PM

Not a whole lot, atleast from my experience. They're pretty common, i have probably half a dozen in the garage(z50/ct70 motors) and the prices have ranged from $10 to $100. I am a cheap bastard though, if you want to make more money price the engine and carb seperately. To the right person the j motor and carb could net 150, the r if its a 12v(cdi) motor $200(Its pretty much a xr50 motor with a different engine number prefix). Like i said there pretty common, mainly cos everyman and his dog turfs them for a chinga as a cheap perfor mance upgrade, ive got a lifan in my j1. It all comes down to condition, more often than not they have chewed up kick/gear shafts, never had the screen/slinger cleaned out,rounded bolt heads,etc. Like i said im cheap bastard so dont be offended by my prices, to put it in perspective i picked up a mint crf50 engine with carb,loom,cdi,loom for 200 and a xr70 motor with a stuffed stator and f$#@ all compression f0r $10
Will prob get better money advertising on monkeymechanic.com or monkeybikeoz.com.au

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back