Z50 Gorilla Replica (Tonelli G125)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap mate that's a tiny rear sprocket!!

Thing would do 200mk/h!! lol

What are you gonna run up front? 17 should fit in i would guess? I reckon this is gonna brake into the 160 barrier if not faster. I did a speed test on mine a little while ago (after the 184 inplant) and found it slower :( only getting around 90Kph whereas the 160 was getting 101, however it was on dirt rather than tar track. Interesting none the less.

Yeah 17T to start with considering the 18T I have will need the crankcase ground back where the neutral switch is. I need to pull the switch out and see just how much meat I can take off before running the 18T???

If it's close, but not far off, I might just let the chain dig little divets into the hub.... haha!!

Jesus Christ lad that's amazingly small hardly seems real haha, defiantly want to see a top speed run if you can get it to fit without to much trouble.

you are best off taking the neutral switch out anyway, they can cause a bit of play in the shift drum.
http://www.miniriders.com/videos/38...-but-should-work-most-horizontal-engines.html

do you have a Hotwheels Radar Gun? they are pretty accurate within a couple of kmph.
i have 3 of them, but haven't played around too much with them yet

77735.jpg

mXPywt8vc9LlZDQ8VgU6eXw.jpg

Mine's moved along rapidly in the last three weeks and she's finally a runner!!!!!!

monside_zps4af5a8d3.jpg

Still need gearing badly, the 17/41 just doesn't cut it!!! Top gear 40km/h = 4,000rpm, 50km/h = 5,000rpm, 60km/h = 6,000rpm and so on until I got to 106.7@11,330!!! Soooo loud!!! I have a 32t rear sprocket coming and I think the neutral switch is coming out to grind the crankcase out a bit for this 18t front that I have!!

monspeed_zps6452e7e8.jpg

Time for an update, the rear mag wheel chewed it's drive side bearing out so I got some spoked mini-motard wheels. But they come with alloy colour hubs and chrome spokes Blergh!!! Haha!

Then I noticed the supplier had 3" rear rims available too, so one of those for the rear and the 2.5 rear can go on the front!! :D

So stripped out the front wheel and painted the hub black!

IMG_0258_zps33onhjgx.jpg

Ordered a box of black spokes off ebay, 50 bucks for two wheels worth!!!

IMG_0259_zpsr2fpmduz.jpg

Here's the 2.15, 2.5 (on bike) and 3" rims!!!

IMG_0260_zpscdk4gtbh.jpg

Stripped out the back wheel for the 2.5" rim:

IMG_0261_zpsxt693qah.jpg

Half way through lacing the 2.5 to the front hub via black spokes and nipples:

IMG_0262_zpsxxvuumj7.jpg

And built, needing to be trued on the bike:

IMG_0263_zps9ubkvrsd.jpg

Last edited:
Also ordered a 240mm front disc at the same time, currently running 220mm.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to squeeze the caliper in around it???

IMG_0265_zps1piq3haf.jpg

IMG_0266_zpsdtfspvuk.jpg

Latest posts

Back