Z50 Gorilla Replica (Tonelli G125)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the one for the xr6 because it comes with a 10mm temp washer, which I can put under any of the 10mm banjo's connected to the oil cooler and give me an idea of oil temperature. I'm thinking I'll put it on the hot side of the cooler to monitor just how hot it gets!!

Any progress on this thing? I'm looking forward to seeing a vid of it on the road! :D

Been pretty slow moving fellas, but I have now got the front brake hose delivered and installed, carby and exhaust is on. The biggest problem is everything is being mock fitted and will have to come off again to get the frame welded and painted, but meh, it should go back togther faster 2nd time around!! I secretly hoping to have it un-roadworthy but rideable for a track day next weekend??? i.e. running without lighting or any lights at all for that matter!!

hz4c.jpg

Better shot with shock fully installed, still need to lower the front or jack the rear or a bit of both:

epbj.jpg

Here's some progress pics:

As you can see the clutch cable is waaaaaay too long!! I'm still waiting for the damn Talon 18/30 sprockets!!! Ordered from the UK on the 14th of August!!!!

5gtc.jpg

v7yy.jpg

zjl5.jpg

The 220mm front disc and twin pot caliper should err umm help!!

ple1.jpg

I need to get a rear master cylinder bracket off a pit bike wreck to weld in as well, or get rearsets, but I like where the pegs are. The 600lbs spring in the rear is too soft, I think an 800lbs spring should help but I cant find any short enough for the little 240mm shock needs to be a 120mm spring and most are 150mm. I tried the 290mm shock out of the mini motard and it wouldn't even go in!! I got some better fitting washers for the top shock mount and jacked it a little higher last night then strapped the front down again, I need to lose about 60mm of front ride height!! :eek:

iksk.JPG

i agree, the whole bike looks sweet sitting at that height.
i would just make up another rear master mount for it, that way you can customise it to suit your bike.
buy a 100mm long piece of 4mm steel strap then chop it up to suit the contours of your frame, drill and tap the mounting holes for the master then weld it on.

i've had the same problems with shipping from the UK, i ordered some supplies almost 4 months ago !
they told me it may have been lost in transit, and sent more to replace it, but that's been 2 months now.
if i had of known how much hassle it'd be, i had an English mate go back home for a holiday there recently, and then stopped by into France for a week after that.
i would have got him to pick it up and bring it home in his luggage !

Yeah I was thinking of using angle iron for the m/c bracket so the structure and welding purchase is more! Don't really have to tap it either, just drill and run a nut on the back!!

I hope this stuff from the UK turns up soon!!! One beautiful red anodized 30 tooth alloy sprocket!! Oh, and the saucer like 18t front!! :)

I got them on Ebay from "red circle" They've offered refund or resend, I'll give it another few days next week first to see if they show???

A little update, I painted the front brake calipers black, not liking the raw alloy look on the black bike, the rear caliper and mount bracket are next!!

0i3r.jpg

67eg.jpg

h2x.JPG

And a couple of shots strapped down, I think it still needs to go lower now in the front and back evenly. I don't want the chain running too hard over the swingarm pivot:

l9pa.jpg

3ds4.jpg

I think with rider sag that's probably not going to be an issue at that running height :)

Brakes look the goods.

Last edited:
Finally got some time to do some work!! Frame is now welded and painted, engine copped a dose of bogan black VHM engine enamel.

n6lu.jpg

s9sx.jpg

2zd9.jpg

vxoc.jpg

qg1f.jpg

8alt.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still trying to work out what to do with paint/pin striping?? I'm reluctant to add any other colour, even the yellow seat pin stripe needs to be dyed!!!! Haha!!

Latest posts

Back