Z50 Rego

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHZ_XR8cing

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
Good afternoon people.
I was wondering what do I look for on a Z50 frame to know that its one that can be registered? Thanks in advance

look for a plate like this on the frame backbone in front of the tank on the clutch side. All z50's from late 75 on had comp plates and require them for rego. Earlier models(hardtails) pre date compliance plates and technically can be registered but be warned some states will make you jump through hoops to get an early model rego'd, here in Vic its almost impossible to get an early model rego'd. Go for one with a plate, then no matter what they have to let you rego it

Attachments

• steves iphone 163.jpg
    steves iphone 163.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
This is dodgy but I'm just wondering what stops you from removing that plate from one frame and putting it on another frame and registering that one instead?

Nope doesn't say it was made to comply with ADR standards!

This is dodgy but I'm just wondering what stops you from removing that plate from one frame and putting it on another frame and registering that one instead?

um the law , hefty fines jail time , eva heard of the term RE-BIRTHING

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

um the law , hefty fines jail time , eva heard of the term RE-BIRTHING

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cops are so dumb but :p Ahh Like you could easily remove the plate from an rx frame and put it on a better quality frame and it would probably work out to be safer for the roads! But yeah I wouldn't last a week in jail with look like these... buahahaha jk

its been done before, a couple years ago i saw an xr50 registered with a z50 comp plate on it. Like snitchy says if you get caught big fines,etc. A couple years ago you could easily get away with it because no one had heard of them, but now as z50's are getting more and more popular, some inspectors know what to look for.

its been done before, a couple years ago i saw an xr50 registered with a z50 comp plate on it. Like snitchy says if you get caught big fines,etc. A couple years ago you could easily get away with it because no one had heard of them, but now as z50's are getting more and more popular, some inspectors know what to look for.

it was probly a z frame with xr bits , i have a mate with 1 they also have a baja , got a few mates that have those ,

it was probly a z frame with xr bits , i have a mate with 1 they also have a baja , got a few mates that have those ,

nah it was a cnc xr50/crf50 frame with a j1 plate riveted on, dodgy as

nah it was a cnc xr50/crf50 frame with a j1 plate riveted on, dodgy as

it is possible tho it may be an Over frame that has had the enginering done to gain compliance ,, but then again prolly not
theres wankers all over the place
Retrominis is 1 of them , think he's about to get a hand full of sh!t for doing the dog

couldn't happen to a nicer dipsh!t

Eh Wetro :baaa::baaa::baaa:

Last edited:
Yeh Snitchy(or should i say seano)looks like theres quite a few people pissed off with Nathan atm, have only bought a few small parts off him so havent had any dramas personally, but he sounds pretty dodgy and with all the things being said recently looks like he might be getting a wake up call real soon

yes mate me thinks it very cool , and yes me be seano , thats my id on all forums xcept this 1 and youtube
both of which i want to change

Latest posts

Back