z50 regoed question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leimoto23

Reaction score
hey guys,

got a z50 with a 50cc manual motor. The bike has been regoed by the guy at sydney city when i bought it. Now the 50 is basically a piece of s@#$, noway do I want to drive on the road with that, so I want to buy a 125cc manual and use that. (I don't trust myself in installing bore kits) Is that illegal, i mean will I need to get the bike re regoed? obviously my current rego wold have the engine number for the 50 on there.
Btw, I don't have my license yet, so the guys at sydney city when they regoed it i got a temporary card to exchange for a proper rego card at the rta when i get my my license.

all you need do is fill in an application of change of particulars of vehicle

so all that means is fit motor ,get engine no and fill in said form at rta then take bike there for them to inspect

this is where is gets tricky ,as you WONT get a mod plate for the bigger cc on your bike you remove said 125 and say to rta yes sir its a 50cc

not very leagal but mate be asured most monkeys on the aussie roads that pull over 50 kms are totally illegal

they all have either 88 kits or 125's or 140's or 150's or 160's or shall i go on

totaly up to you but if you want to ride your bike in traffic and not get killed ,125cc is the way to go
and also if you do do this i still want dibs on your stck 50cc honda motor

im putting a 125 in mine... all you need to do is get an engineer to go over it and approve it then do what snitchy said and change the numbers and its all legal then :)

Latest posts

Back