z50 swingarm??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leimoto23

Reaction score
Hey,

I've got a stock 40th anniversary and want to put 12" rims on. In order to attach the swing arm, do you have to alter the frame in any way, or does it just bolt on to the frame? Btw it's a z50J7

Can someone tell me everything I need to buy in order to do this, thx

I appreciate your help

Cheers

IMG_0434.jpg

Most people run 10's on there bikes, seems to improve things alot, ask snitchy. I reakon u would be looking at a few $$$ to run 12's and doing a fair few mods.

Most people run 10's on there bikes, seems to improve things alot, ask snitchy. I reakon u would be looking at a few $$$ to run 12's and doing a fair few mods.

Thanks. ok I'll go with the 10" rims, which ones should I buy? sorry I'm new at this whole bike building thing and want to do it properly. Do I need now brakes too? I'm assuming the stock brakes would be too small for rims that size?

cheers

hey cobba 12's are not impossible but you will need to be handy on the tools as you may need to make a few parts

10 inch rims are the way to go 3.5 for the rear and 3.00 for the front
you can then put nice tyres on convetinal twist are the go bout 70 bucks each

now for rims this is where it gets fun

you can spend anywhere from 200 bucks for MIC rims there ok i have some but im getting better 1's

or you can go for a g-craft set up now this is where the dollars start
im getting 10' takegawa rims for my bike and all up just the rims are 400+

brake will work fine no need to change anythink and will fit your hubs here's a link to browse through

Online Catalogue

most of the good stuff has to be imported and its very expensive ,welcome to the world of zedder modding

remeber all the price's on that link are in british pounds and postage is expensive also they dont answer emails best to ring them direct also expensive lol

hey cobba 12's are not impossible but you will need to be handy on the tools as you may need to make a few parts

10 inch rims are the way to go 3.5 for the rear and 3.00 for the front
you can then put nice tyres on convetinal twist are the go bout 70 bucks each

now for rims this is where it gets fun

you can spend anywhere from 200 bucks for MIC rims there ok i have some but im getting better 1's

or you can go for a g-craft set up now this is where the dollars start
im getting 10' takegawa rims for my bike and all up just the rims are 400+

brake will work fine no need to change anythink and will fit your hubs here's a link to browse through

Online Catalogue

most of the good stuff has to be imported and its very expensive ,welcome to the world of zedder modding

remeber all the price's on that link are in british pounds and postage is expensive also they dont answer emails best to ring them direct also expensive lol

Cheers man, yeah it can get pricey hey. For the rear wheel, obviously when you buy one it comes with the right size sprocket or do you have to buy one separately?
I mean, say I want to get these
1359-Kitaco_10inch_alloy_wide_holes_med.jpg

with
1421-3.5x10_Dunlop_TT91_GP_med.jpg

would I have to buy a bigger sprocket?
thx

Last edited:
um no all you get is the rim lol. more money to be spent on setting up sproket size

Latest posts

Back