Z50 values??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumble

Reaction score
While we have alot of great MG minds lurking around, can anyone give a general value on the Z50.
I know there are alot of models in a lot of conditions, but a general overview would be good.
Thinking more so along the lines of what you would pay for an original, not restored bike. Not what you think your mint resto is worth.

How long is a piece of string

They're old heaps of **** worth $50 - but for some strange reason people are paying way more than that.
A nice Z50A in original condition $2000 - $3000 sometimes more
Z50J1 about $1000
Z50JZ about the same maybe $1500
People are asking $3000 and $4000 for restoed & modded ones but from what I have seen on Ebay they are'nt selling - so what does that say ?

it comes down to how hard your willing to look or travel to get a cheap bike,
if you dont want to take the time to look around or to spend a few hours to travel to get a bike you will end up paying top dollar for a bike thats close to you

it also pays to spend alittle more on a complete bike then to buy one thats missing parts because by the time you buy the missing parts you end up paying more for the bike then you would of if you brought a complete bike

just something to think about,

rumble what area are you from

brisbane seems to be monkey capital. good things come to those who wait, well so they say. I keep asking around and those who have one in the garage think they are worth thousands, yet they are not restored.

hey rumble
looks like you have been reading on the 'bay about a paw paw up at port pirie
i have emailed the guy, he is looking for a small fortune for it, (good on him)
but from what i can see it is missing some parts, (reduces value)
and his location to most people is going to make the freight bill quite expensive
(ie: cost of petrol and couriers making cash)
as all of the others here on mini riders are right, pay more for a complete bike
and one that is close to you is worth the 100 dollars more because it will save you money not having it packed and freighted
good luck with your search\
TK

hey rumble
looks like you have been reading on the 'bay about a paw paw up at port pirie
i have emailed the guy, he is looking for a small fortune for it, (good on him)
but from what i can see it is missing some parts, (reduces value)
and his location to most people is going to make the freight bill quite expensive
(ie: cost of petrol and couriers making cash)
as all of the others here on mini riders are right, pay more for a complete bike
and one that is close to you is worth the 100 dollars more because it will save you money not having it packed and freighted
good luck with your search\
TK

ive had bikes sent from qld to sydney for under 200
main thing thats missing off that paw paw is the tail light unit but you can get a repo one of them for fairly cheap

max i would pay would be 1000-1200 for that bike

There was a guy advertising 2 x J1s and an A and crates of parts locally in WA for $2500 last week. Not sure if it sold, but all the local MG members couldn't be stuffed with it.

check out the red book values of Z50Rs here,
Used Bike Prices - Search Used Bike Prices & Values Online - Red Book

basically, a bike is only worth what someone is prepared to pay
and you need the right person to want it at the right time too,

you may spend $5000 doing a full nut and bolt resto on it and try to sell it for $6000, and only get 1 offer of $3000.
another week you list the same ad and you may sell it straight away to a collector

yes but the last time i seen a j1 or a jz value on redbook was something stupid like 200-400

now there sell for 1000-3000 in stock form

yes but the last time i seen a j1 or a jz value on redbook was something stupid like 200-400
now there sell for 1000-3000 in stock form

yes but did you read my full post?

you seem to be having a bad day, picky picky
jump on your bike a go for a ride, chill...

Thanks guys, i did see that one in pt pirie, thought his price of 2500 was a little ambitious. Might have to drop into some country golf courses. :)

Latest posts

Back