Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly it is sounding like the setup on the bike, i.e electrical, have you tried a new kickstart harness just to eliminate that, my 155 has been the most reliable thrashable so far undestructable donk ever.

Coil could be breaking down, cdi's will fail at low, mid,high rev ranges or fail altogether, i would change everything electrical as 2 engines and with the same prob is a positive cause theres no way you got 2 dud engines, so you know its something else. do you have an engine earth, maybe silly questions but it is time to eliminate the other pieces for failure, def try a new kickstart harness and cdi for starters

brand new cdi and coil and carb,geting the head pulled down as i believe the valve isnt seating right,will let ya know what happens,its way worse than the 1st engine by far.....at the end of the day it shouldnt be like that at new as i have bought yx engines in the past and had no probs with them at all,i will be smiling when i sort it though

All the best with it mate you've had some terrible luck ! keep us all posted

so far new coil,new cdi,new spark plug and new wiring loom,still the same crappy result......head look on saturday

its possible,but there must be a remedy surely,let ya know what my mechanic finds on saturday

well the mechanic got it running and it run like a dog like i said and then it lost spark completly,changed coil,hen cdi and then wiring loom and still no spark still,It has always had spark for me but now that it doesnt it tells me it must be running out of good spark after mid throttle causing it to spit unburnt fuel out the back of carb,the stator will be the next thing to replace but on my 1st engine i tryed that and no improvement but that doent mean it is the same as the 2nd engine....i hope

I honestly think its something your doing wrong. Cant imagine you got 2 dud engines.
Did you buy the engines from the same shop?

Well I'm not mate! It's not hard putting any bike together for me,been around bikes for a very long time but I did give it to my mechanic for another opinion,so I have put it together right as he checked everything! You keep saying there's no way ya can get 2 dud engines.......anything is possible mate,just means very bad luck for me so please don't tell me I'm doing something wrong,cause I'm not.

Post up some pics of your wiring harness on the bike. I run a z160 in a speedway chassis also.
IMG_0692.jpg

Last edited:
I run a selettra ignition on mine now as i run on methanol

Could be de-comp playing up on the standard head.

Take out the 10mm bolt on top of the head. There should be a little spring and rod in the hole that activates the de-comp on the cam. If ya not sure what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll try and find some pics.

Sometimes the little rod breaks or the spring gets squashed and the engine keeps de-comping after it's started.

Long shot, but you've tried everything else so nothing to lose.

Keep us posted.

Well I'm not mate! It's not hard putting any bike together for me,been around bikes for a very long time but I did give it to my mechanic for another opinion,so I have put it together right as he checked everything! You keep saying there's no way ya can get 2 dud engines.......anything is possible mate,just means very bad luck for me so please don't tell me I'm doing something wrong,cause I'm not.

I was not having a shot at you.just trying to help.
Sometimes its just something simple that gets over looked.
You would be the most un lucky bloke alive to get 2 of the same engines doing the same thing unless it was a bad shipment.what's the shop say about it? Has anyone else had the same problem?
What's your mechanic say about it? Why did he not fix it?

hes still got it mate,so i havent heard back,am i still waiting on the new stator,can you get high quaility stators for these engines,The shop is good about it,he put $300 towards a new one for me which is the one they doesnt go but thats not his fault.I dont mind fixing it as i just want to ride this engine as eevryone says that they preform great,i want to experience that myself

Latest posts

Back