Zongshen 190cc, anyone upgraded to 212cc?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zak97

Reaction score
I have built up a bike from an Atomik 125cc frame and decided to go with the Zongshen 190cc because it seemed good value. All up and running just waiting on the new GPX forks to come, had a test ride with the old forks and the thing is an absolute monster! Which of course is making me want to push it further and go with the 212cc upgrade but can't find any vids or info from anyone who has done it. Just wondering if there's anyone on here who has or even if you just have anything to say about the ZS190 I'd be interested.

You could ask Adrian at ooracing, they're testing ZS212cc.ZS190 is known for snapping crankshafts when overrevved

interesting...., never heard of the zs190 snapping cranks, they have shift star issues and snap starter chains, only issues ive ever heard about.
Check out ZS190 swap shop on facebook, that group has all the info you will need on the zs190 engine.

Dont know is it different version that they sell in europe but they always tend to snap from the flywheel side when overrevved. Ooracing says the same too that overrev can cause crank failure.
Some say its unbalanced etcetc. but cant say too much because i havent own any zs190 engines. Overall it seems very good engine

I doubt they make a different engine for Europe, like I said visit zs190 swap shop, those boys been hammering their zs190’s with great results even with the 212 kit and Daytona 4v head.
The zs190 is Daytona made, identical to the new 5 speed Daytona except the head.

These Zongshen motors have issues with the shift star in the gearbox, the arm slides off, an easy fix would be to add washers to space it out.

WATCH THIS EXPLANATION !!!

Thanks for sharing! Brilliant solution.

Welcome.

Latest posts

Back