ZongShen 190cc cuts out when put in gear

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zak97

Reaction score
Hey guys new here look forward to being a part of the forum, just wondering if I might be able to get some advice with my bike it's a ZongShen 190cc and having trouble tuning it, when I shift in to gear it immediately cuts out no jolts no coughing just like a switch, there's a sticker on the motor that reads "gearshift is prohibited unless accelerator is loosened" and think that might have something to do with it but I'm new to this stuff and not too sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Vid:

Attachments

• 20190712_193130.jpg
    20190712_193130.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
your throttle wont have anything to do with it mate....
being an electric start engine is it a start in neutral only engine??
is it a new engine?, bought privately or from a dealer?
if its cutting out as soon as you put in gear i dare say its a problem with your gear selector plug thingy...haha

your throttle wont have anything to do with it mate....
being an electric start engine is it a start in neutral only engine??
is it a new engine?, bought privately or from a dealer?
if its cutting out as soon as you put in gear i dare say its a problem with your gear selector plug thingy...haha

Yeah I believe it's neutral start only, brand new engine brought from DHZ website, it's got no battery electric start isnt being used, I think it actually could be my clutch even when I can adjust it to the point it engages there's still barely any travel and not sure if it's working properly. Hopefully getting a mate who knows his stuff to come round and help me adjust it properly today if not I'll just have to take it to a shop

Latest posts

Back