Zongshen 190cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

low_rb

Reaction score
Hey,
Does anyone know anything about the Zongshen 190cc?.
Thinking of putting one in my LXR in place of the TB/Z155 thats in it.

Mainly because its got a normal 1-N-2-3-4-5 and being able to setup an electric leg is also a bonus.

Cheers

I wish I knew too. They are only a 2 valve engine not 4 valve like the daytona, I have read that the g-box is questionable being 5 speed......an extra gear in same case design=thinner/weaker gears!!
Thats just what I read somewhere....not gospel!
I'm keen to know if ya get one what they are like.

Yeah very little info on them, well from what i can find anyway.

They come from the daytona factory so the 4v head might bolt on, im not to bothered buy that bit though i just want the shift patern so all my bikes are the same.
Im pretty close to just buying one and seeing how it goes, someone has to be the guinea pig..haha

well its gotta have more torque than their 160 but like you said,"someone has to be the guinea pig"
I just blew my gearbox on a 160ho with 6hrs on it so i'm little bit 50/50 on the 5 speed?????

more stress on the gears with the 190 too so just something to take into consideration.....

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Been debating a bit about this engine to, the 5 speed box is a huge plus IF they hold together. Power outputs seem pretty tame though...

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

The power might be to have less stress on the drive line.
The way i ride and the little track have at home will probaly be quicker with more low down.
Im one to pull a taller gear if i can,and id think 1st-4th would be slightly lower ratios than the 4sd as well

Yeah very little info on them, well from what i can find anyway.

They come from the daytona factory so the 4v head might bolt on, im not to bothered buy that bit though i just want the shift patern so all my bikes are the same.
Im pretty close to just buying one and seeing how it goes, someone has to be the guinea pig..haha

the Daytona motors come out of the zong factory.

I have 1 here in the US in a SkyTeam CT125 chassis with almost 1000 miles on it. (1600km)
Its fast.... eats groms up in 4th gear with more left in it. I have seen 80-85mph on 10" wheels running 17-35 gearing with a little more tuning and gear I think 90mph is not out of the question but I can maintain highway speed without issue.

I have run into certain situations where the bike was jumping out of gear (4-5) but most of the time I believe this was a result of me being light on the shifter and not putting it all the way in gear. Aside from that, I ride it regularly, some cruising, some thrashing and so far so good.

The real problem I see will be the down turn in the demand for Daytona engines (anima) while Daytona has been well aware of this ZS190 for some time now, and has built, tested and started production on a 200cc+ anima as an answer to it, I can not foresee many people pulling the trigger on an $1100-$1200usd Daytona motor, when the Zongshen can be bought for $3-400 dollars cheaper

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge!

Any more positive or negative info on this engine? They have been out for a few months in australia was Wondering if anyone has a 2 or 3000 km Review?

I have 1 here in the US in a SkyTeam CT125 chassis with almost 1000 miles on it. (1600km)
Its fast.... eats groms up in 4th gear with more left in it. I have seen 80-85mph on 10" wheels running 17-35 gearing with a little more tuning and gear I think 90mph is not out of the question but I can maintain highway speed without issue.

Did you check the speed with GPS? I'm planning on putting one in the same bike.

Has anyone ridden one of these and a z155? Curious how much better it would be because spec sheet says only 1kw/1nm difference. My z155 would only do 105kph (According to gps) in top gear before valve bouncing. I was running 12" wheels and 18t/37t sprocket. I'd ideally like to sit on 100kph with the revs not too high. My last bike with the z155 was way faster than groms but they'd fly by me once i got to 100.

Last edited:
Hello mini riders..this is my first post and i hope its helpful..i have a zs190 5 speed motor.....i have the motor in a grom clone...i must say this motor is awesome..it shifts smooth,runs strong,the carb that came with my motor kit is a keihin pe28 copy and came with a 130 main jet...we ran it this way and we havent even touched the jetting...it smokes honda groms and the 5 speed is great..no missed shifts and the 5th gear really lets you get a good top speed...we have seen 88mph on the speedo..pitster pro is the company that i got my motor from...i was the first one to get this motor from pitster pro...i dont know if they are on there website yet but just ask for gary he is the owner...849.00 is retail..you get an oil cooler,kicker,shifter,voil,cdi,rectifier,ignition,carb..its a very nice package and runs awesome out the box..roller rocker head stock...

Hello mini riders..this is my first post and i hope its helpful..i have a zs190 5 speed motor.....i have the motor in a grom clone...i must say this motor is awesome..it shifts smooth,runs strong,the carb that came with my motor kit is a keihin pe28 copy and came with a 130 main jet...we ran it this way and we havent even touched the jetting...it smokes honda groms and the 5 speed is great..no missed shifts and the 5th gear really lets you get a good top speed...we have seen 88mph on the speedo..pitster pro is the company that i got my motor from...i was the first one to get this motor from pitster pro...i dont know if they are on there website yet but just ask for gary he is the owner...849.00 is retail..you get an oil cooler,kicker,shifter,voil,cdi,rectifier,ignition,carb..its a very nice package and runs awesome out the box..roller rocker head stock...
So if im reading your last statement correctly. Even though its only a 2valve head. It is a roller rocker head?

Zongshen zs190 motor

Yes the head is a roller rocker head...i have put more miles on the motor and it just keeps running awesome...let me put it to you this way...i have the motor in a honda grom clone (vader 125)....i posted in the las vegas grom forum that i had this motor in my bike and i was going to do some demo rides and to meet up and ride it if you wanted to check it out....the grom guys were so impressed that they bought 7 motors that week...this motor is no joke....it has plenty of torque and the 5 speed shifts so nice and smooth sometimes you dont even know you shifted into the next gear...i raced a yamaha wr250 super moto and he was 9 teeth higher in rear sprocked thaen stock and was only about 2 bikes in front of me but i think if we kept it going longer i could have gotten around him on top end...the carb that comes with it is not bad at all.i put a real keihin pe28 on it and dont really notice any difference...i have a pwk28 that i will try out and i might also try a kehin fcr32 from a crf150r...everyone and i mean everyone that has ridden my bike wants this motor..i couldnt be happier with my purchase of this motor...for people worring about the 5 speed being weak or breaking..if you havent seen this motor up close you need to..its massive..it is not the same size as your standard 125cc pitbike motor..the cases are wider the head and barrell are huge...the motor is just beefie...6 plate clutch stock...i have seen 90mph on the speedo on the freeway...our previous top speed was 88mph...my speedo is off by 5mph on gps.so a true 85mph top speed with 16/34 gearing...im going to try to fit a 17t front sprocket and try that out..the 16t is tight so dont know if 17t will fit...all in all for the money and what you get in the kit its an awesome deal...the motor mounts are crf50 so if you want to use this motor in a real grom adapter plates will be required..also this motor has a nuetral light wire...zongshen was thinking street when they built this motor..5 speed..electric start..nuetral wire..thats all street stuff...i also here alot of stuff from daytona 190 anima motor will fit this motor.....

Very interested in your experience with the PWK carb. Are OKO carbs common over there? Be interesting how a OKO 28 or 30 would go. I have a OKO30 and PE28 Im going to try when it arrives. I read about someone putting a Daytona 190 4v head on theirs.

How much do you weigh? I thought the dax with a 190 would beat a WR250x.

Last edited:
Hiya Peeps!

I have some questions & comments...

First post here. Joined this forum to respond to this post.

I have a Zongshen 190 in a 2018 Pitster Pro LXR 190F That I just purchased a couple weeks ago. From what I hear mine is the third bike that has been sold in country (USA).

IMG_2465.JPG

I only have .3 hour on this machine so I do not have much seat time.

This is my first open cradle pit bike. No experience with this type of motor/machine, but I do have 40 years of motocross racing under my belt. I purchased this bike to race the pit bike races that are normally held at the bigger AMA races (nationals).

I went this route because I could not build up a KLX110 type machine and get the performance for the money I spent on the Pitster. I really do not think a 110 motor BBK out to 190 ish will not be reliable. Time will tell, eh?

I cannot find a wiring diagram. Need to get rid of some lighting wiring, add a kill switch and a starter button. Love to get rid of the key switch.

Cannot find a parts fische on line. Too new? Pitster too lazy?

Carb: Comes with a Jing KE 28 carb. 130M 42 P. I will prob end up replacing this carb with something that I can get parts for readily.

It came with a pod type air filter. ll squashed up against the frame rails. I have to correct that!! Don't know i fit will take another intake, filter or carb. Might take all of the above. Might even have to fabricate a box if I can find the correct sized box to carb rubber boot.

20170918_180833.jpg

I m having some issues with the motor at 5-7K RPM. It seems like it is electrical. Almost like I am hitting the rev limiter. At this time I have to assume that it is electrical vs carburation.

Other than the above issue, the motor has fantastic low end & midrange. Clutch is nice & the gearbox gives a positive engagement.

What should my valves be set at and do I adjust hot or cold? They came REAL tight out of the box. I set them to 4 intake and 6tho. exhaust, cold. I am also seeing out there 3 and 5. Personally I do not think 1 tho. is a big deal. Although I have been wrong before.

All & all I think after I track down this top end gremlin this is going to be a pretty nice motor/machine.

Blue skies,

Whymee

Zs190 motor

Very interested in your experience with the PWK carb. Are OKO carbs common over there? Be interesting how a OKO 28 or 30 would go. I have a OKO30 and PE28 Im going to try when it arrives. I read about someone putting a Daytona 190 4v head on theirs.

How much do you weigh? I thought the dax with a 190 would beat a WR250x.

I weight roght around 200 lbs and the bike is right around 200 lbs..i have it geared pretty tall at 16/31..if i geared it to a 15/35 or 14/34 im sure it would be alot quicker but top speed would suffer..as far as i have heard a daytona 4v head will bolt on..then get the 66mm big bore for the daytona 190 and have a 4v electric start 5 speed 212cc monster..should easily see mid 20 hp out of a 212cc motor..for now im really happy with the zs190 motor..no issues so far and runs great...i bought a motor kit and didnt buy the lxr with this motor in it..

I would be looking at a mbfactory crank if you want the bbk, blokes have done cranks on stock 190s, so add the bbk and hi flowing 4v head and extra compression is a recipe for blown crank imo

Sent from my ALCATEL_4034A using Tapatalk

Hiya Peeps!

I have some questions & comments...

First post here. Joined this forum to respond to this post.

I have a Zongshen 190 in a 2018 Pitster Pro LXR 190F That I just purchased a couple weeks ago. From what I hear mine is the third bike that has been sold in country (USA).

I only have .3 hour on this machine so I do not have much seat time.

This is my first open cradle pit bike. No experience with this type of motor/machine, but I do have 40 years of motocross racing under my belt. I purchased this bike to race the pit bike races that are normally held at the bigger AMA races (nationals).

I went this route because I could not build up a KLX110 type machine and get the performance for the money I spent on the Pitster. I really do not think a 110 motor BBK out to 190 ish will not be reliable. Time will tell, eh?

I cannot find a wiring diagram. Need to get rid of some lighting wiring, add a kill switch and a starter button. Love to get rid of the key switch.

Cannot find a parts fische on line. Too new? Pitster too lazy?

Carb: Comes with a Jing KE 28 carb. 130M 42 P. I will prob end up replacing this carb with something that I can get parts for readily.

It came with a pod type air filter. ll squashed up against the frame rails. I have to correct that!! Don't know i fit will take another intake, filter or carb. Might take all of the above. Might even have to fabricate a box if I can find the correct sized box to carb rubber boot.

I m having some issues with the motor at 5-7K RPM. It seems like it is electrical. Almost like I am hitting the rev limiter. At this time I have to assume that it is electrical vs carburation.

Other than the above issue, the motor has fantastic low end & midrange. Clutch is nice & the gearbox gives a positive engagement.

What should my valves be set at and do I adjust hot or cold? They came REAL tight out of the box. I set them to 4 intake and 6tho. exhaust, cold. I am also seeing out there 3 and 5. Personally I do not think 1 tho. is a big deal. Although I have been wrong before.

All & all I think after I track down this top end gremlin this is going to be a pretty nice motor/machine.

Blue skies,

Whymee
Just test rode mine too, doing the same thing as far as cutting out. I got a Mikuni vm28 flatside and have been struggling with jetting. Any ideas what that cutting out is?

Kal from NH 603

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
afa8385ced0c95c9c668cb8d2c5bea32.jpg
4bf0a375dce33393aa86335cbd3408a6.jpg

6cb49b35422de81bd3c10a73443c512a.jpg

Last edited:
Zs190 motor

Ok so i have tried a few different carbs..i went with a real keihin pe28 and didnt feel much difference if any at all..went with a keihin pwk28..now felt a little more snappy and reved faster but after numerous jet changes and runs up and down the street and letting it warm up cometely i would get some wierd issues at the 5-6k rpm...i played with the jetting and just couldnt seem to get it gone..i put the stock 28mm pe copy carb that came with the motor and runs fine all day everyday...i dont know what it is with the pwk28 that made it run funny..it would run great until it got really warmed up and then start to cut out...i also chaned the coil that came with the motor to a stick coil from a gsxr...dont think that is the problem because my pe28 copy carb runs great with the stick coil...so far so good motor has had no issues and starts up everytime and ruuns awesome up to 10k in every gear...

Latest posts

Back