Zongshen 190cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so i have tried a few different carbs..i went with a real keihin pe28 and didnt feel much difference if any at all..went with a keihin pwk28..now felt a little more snappy and reved faster but after numerous jet changes and runs up and down the street and letting it warm up cometely i would get some wierd issues at the 5-6k rpm...i played with the jetting and just couldnt seem to get it gone..i put the stock 28mm pe copy carb that came with the motor and runs fine all day everyday...i dont know what it is with the pwk28 that made it run funny..it would run great until it got really warmed up and then start to cut out...i also chaned the coil that came with the motor to a stick coil from a gsxr...dont think that is the problem because my pe28 copy carb runs great with the stick coil...so far so good motor has had no issues and starts up everytime and ruuns awesome up to 10k in every gear...
Is the jet sizes for all your different carbs the same or different? I'm getting mixed signals on jet sizes.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Anyone in Adelaide have one of these they'd mind showing off? Thinking about getting one but would really like to see one running in person.
Alibaba deal didn't work out to be that special with freight at 990 delivered each, or assassindirtbikes do them with carb for 1100 delivered with warranty.

PS If anyone wants a 4v head from a Daytona Anima 190cc V2 to put on their zs190 send me a PM im parting out one of these motors.

Last edited:
Peeps,

I rewired my LXR190. Made my own schematic. I am now using a lighted rocker switch on the left handlebar and a kill switch on the same side. Throttle side I have a starter button. This machine does not use the frame as a ground. All grounds are spliced from one wire that leads to the battery. I used the frame as a floating ground in several instances.

I posted earlier that I had a 5-7K miss. This miss is now gone. for giggles I oiled the filter at the same time as I had the wiring apart. My test ride after the above mods resulted in no miss. I cannot tell you if it was the wiring or the oiled filter that did the trick.

Just a FYI...

Guys, a mate and I are ordering a couple of these motors to put in a 2017 Grom (Australia, Brisbane)...

We have a source that is overseas getting engine mounts fabricated to suit the Grom frame (possibly on mass produced if this works out well)...

Any advise on additional parts where and where to get them would be much appreciated.

Will keep you guys updated on progress but we're estimating a few months as the brackets will take the longest.

List so far...

Zongshen 190cc 2 Valve E-Starter Motor (Supplier found)
Carburetter or alternative EFI option (Supplier found)
Oil Cooler (Need Supplier)
Speedometer/Cluster (Need Supplier)
Throttle Assembly

Like I said any help is appreciated also feel free to add anything that i may have missed that we will need to get this bad boy on the road!!!

Cheers in advance...

Zs190 motor

Hello...i know that the motor mounts for the grom to zs190 are almost done..Pat McGlinchy is making some..he should be close to haveing some made...as far as an oil cooler..the motors that litster pro sells comes with an oil cooler and a pe28 copy carb...pat is running fuel injection on his zs190 with an ARACER stand alone ecu...i run a keihin pe28 on my zs190 grom clone and runs awesome..the problems i see when running this motor in the grom is the speedo will no longer work and the check engine light will always be on and is expensive to run a stand alone ecu...better off starting with a clone wire harness and clone speedo as it runs off the front wheel not the motor...20170919_181402.jpg

i personally wouldn't mess with injection,for the cost and complexity of it.
speedo, fab something yourself, as the rest of the bike will be ;-)
have fun with it and make sure brakes are sufficient!!

So with the grom clone, it should just be a bolt in right? No motor mount fabrication needed?

What about the electronics? Can we just unplug the Vader 125 stuff and plug it straight into the 190CC or is there soldering and stuff?

Also, the Vader 125 (grom clones) have a dash that has a gear indicator. What happens to this? Will it still display N-1-2-3-4 and 5th would just be blank?

don't count on it being plug and play ;-) nothing really is...

Just put this engine in my road regod pit bike and man does it go ! the torque is incredible.. in saying that its only 70kg.. the grom is atleast another 30kg heavier but would still benefit from the power increase.

Just test rode mine too, doing the same thing as far as cutting out. I got a Mikuni vm28 flatside and have been struggling with jetting. Any ideas what that cutting out is?

Kal from NH 603

Thinking about getting one of these 190's for my 12v Dax, I wonder do the foot-pegs clear the engine and still fold up ? and how's the engine going?

I see the design leaves a much bigger space for that 5-speed gearbox as seen here http://www.sport-toys.com/ZONGSHEN-ZS190-2-VALVES-ENGINE

Thinking about getting one of these 190's for my 12v Dax, I wonder do the foot-pegs clear the engine and still fold up ? and how's the engine going?

I see the design leaves a much bigger space for that 5-speed gearbox as seen here http://www.sport-toys.com/ZONGSHEN-ZS190-2-VALVES-ENGINE

No problem with fitting pegs. I just installed the 4v anima head and 212cc piston kit. The engine is still in my kitchen in my apartment, it's cold here and everything is covered in ice. I will reinstall the engine into the bike soon and test ride it and post a YouTube video soon.

Just test rode mine too, doing the same thing as far as cutting out. I got a Mikuni vm28 flatside and have been struggling with jetting. Any ideas what that cutting out is?

Kal from NH 603

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

dax2.jpg

Hi

I did the same on my DAX (125 Zenhua), I had to proceed to some little modification
on the frame to bolt the engine ok. (is your bike is an original japaneese STxx?)

I am very happy with the result, nice torque and the gearbox is really nice..

The first thing I though about is to change the exhaust pipe, and I was thinking about
this one :
http://www.shop-kaelis.fr/fr/pot-d-echappement-double-kepspeed-passage-haut-pour-dax.html

It looks like you applied this same idéa!
What I like with this one is that the 2 pipes separation starts shortly after the begining
of the pipe..
For now, I just soldered a 32mm pitbike pipe to the original end of 60% empty
original exhaust pipe (so I kept the original look), and the noise stays "civilised"

About the jet carburator (chinese PE28), i got a 118 main jet and it was too big,
it finally works almost ok with a 90..
but I have also to change the pilot jet I have a 42 for now and i will try a 35

I am waiting a little bit and when I have more time , I would like to build a custom exhaust
to make it breathing better or if i don't, the double pipe like you got is an option..
is it noisy?

Is your carb is working ok now?

has anyone put one of these engines in a dirtbike??, they seem to be popular for street/motard riding but how do they hold up with the abuse of a MX track?, how does the power compare to the daytona?
is it worth saving $600 and buying the zonger instead or will that 600 get gobbled up in breakages and down time very quickly?
cheers

Tbh mate I’m going to side with the Daytona, I like the Zongshen motors because Ive owned a couple and they’ve been strong runners. But the latest Daytona motors are built really well and after watching them place 1,2 and 3 at the flat track the other week their performance seems to be unmatched. Plus you’ll probably never use the 5th in the zonger and the starter weight will only slow you down.

Just my two cents. :thumbup:

Tbh mate I’m going to side with the Daytona, I like the Zongshen motors because Ive owned a couple and they’ve been strong runners. But the latest Daytona motors are built really well and after watching them place 1,2 and 3 at the flat track the other week their performance seems to be unmatched. Plus you’ll probably never use the 5th in the zonger and the starter weight will only slow you down.

Just my two cents. :thumbup:

Just as I suspected, cheers cordogs

I have just fitted the Zongshen 190cc engine to a 1969 Honda S90. It has a Pro Circuit copy exhaust system from DHZ and a genuine Keihin PE28 with 40 slow and 125 main Jets. Early days yet as it has only covered 100km since the build but it runs strongly and smoothly and the gearbox is light and precise. Currently geared 16/36 on 18" wheels to give 4000RPM at 60KPH but have a 34 rear sprocket if it proves capable of handling higher gearing. Will let you know how it progresses.

Latest posts

Back