Zongshen 190cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, a mate and I are ordering a couple of these motors to put in a 2017 Grom (Australia, Brisbane)...

We have a source that is overseas getting engine mounts fabricated to suit the Grom frame (possibly on mass produced if this works out well)...

Any advise on additional parts where and where to get them would be much appreciated.

Will keep you guys updated on progress but we're estimating a few months as the brackets will take the longest.

List so far...

Zongshen 190cc 2 Valve E-Starter Motor (Supplier found)
Carburetter or alternative EFI option (Supplier found)
Oil Cooler (Need Supplier)
Speedometer/Cluster (Need Supplier)
Throttle Assembly

Like I said any help is appreciated also feel free to add anything that i may have missed that we will need to get this bad boy on the road!!!

Cheers in advance...

Any update on this? I am thinking of going to a BBK for the Grom. I am still considering a ZS190!
How is the install?

Update on the Zongshen 190 Honda S90 build. Starts easily hot or cold on the electric but almost impossible to kick start cold. Motor is very tight with only 200km - usual vibration from a tight engine but expect this to disappear as it did with with my Z140 postie bike build. Clutch adjustment varies between hot and cold engine. Requires the cable to be loosened as the motor warms up - again this will also probably stabilise after running in. So far very happy with the performance but have not gotten anywhere near the main jet as yet.

I will take some pictures tomorrow and attempt to post them. It actually doesn't look much different from the original with the small oil cooler and the positioning of the carb being the only give aways to someone who knows what they are looking at.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Hopefully some pictures posted - 1969 Honda S90 with Z190 engine

Got onto the main jet today (Z190) and a bit disappointed. Running a 125 main and seems to be too rich. Transitions and runs cleanly right up to 3/4 throttle and then nothing much more. Misses and produces little extra. Dropped back to a 120 main but have not yet had a chance to test. Runs much better when the throttle is backed off once past 3/4. Keihin PE30 carb which is the one recommended for this engine. Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated

Got onto the main jet today (Z190) and a bit disappointed. Running a 125 main and seems to be too rich. Transitions and runs cleanly right up to 3/4 throttle and then nothing much more. Misses and produces little extra. Dropped back to a 120 main but have not yet had a chance to test. Runs much better when the throttle is backed off once past 3/4. Keihin PE30 carb which is the one recommended for this engine. Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated

sure you don't mean pe28??
never even heard of a pe30 although I dont doubt they exist...

Yeah PE28 mate. Typo? Now on 20 main jet and still seems too rich. Plenty of get up and go from idle to 3/4 throttle but not much after that. Bike gets to easily and cruises at 100 to 110 kph (60 - 65mph) uphill or down hill but not much left after that. My Z140 in a postie is slightly quicker in acceleration with an OKO flatslide 26 but is unable to maintain anything much over 60mph. Perhaps I expect too much?

what pilot jet size you running??, I know with the oko26 you have to get the pilot right first beforeyou can get the main spot-on..

solved! back pressure! literally cut my exhaust off and reach redline after countless days messi g with the carb!

Anyone in Adelaide have one of these they'd mind showing off? Thinking about getting one but would really like to see one running in person.
Alibaba deal didn't work out to be that special with freight at 990 delivered each, or assassindirtbikes do them with carb for 1100 delivered with warranty.

PS If anyone wants a 4v head from a Daytona Anima 190cc V2 to put on their zs190 send me a PM im parting out one of these motors.

In need for a daytona 4v head cylinder if still parting or know where to find one.

Hey Dillom
If you plan of using a Daytona 4v head on your zs190 you will also need to use a Daytona piston for it to work
I’ve seen them on afew sites for sale Check out tbolt,wholesale cycles and ycf usa Hope that helps ya :)

Hey,
Does anyone know anything about the Zongshen 190cc?.
Thinking of putting one in my LXR in place of the TB/Z155 thats in it.

Mainly because its got a normal 1-N-2-3-4-5 and being able to setup an electric leg is also a bonus.

Cheers
Yes! It’s good for sure! But the starter chain will snap if apply gas while trying to start it, won’t take long, so press the button until it starts with choke, do not apply gas, as this will stretch the tiny chain, CLUTCH, the clutch is bad, I put a bigger ratio and the clutch couldn’t take it not before long I got into some bog, something has shattered inside I think the clutch basket, the clutch if apply to much Rev, it will make a horrid sound and then grip, the KICK START, don’t use the kick start you can snap the axle if you kick it too far, it’s got a really long kick start,,, no idea why.. this is bad, this is all I know, BUT SOUNDS FEELS BAD ASS YOU JUST NEED TO TUNE IT CAREFULLY BUT DONT BE HESITANT, ITS LIKE A WOMAN, IF YOU DONT STAY ALERT SHE WILL THOW A PADDY AND BREAK SOMETHING, the exhaust that you need is also at a cost but worth every penny, maybe not the engine, but the idea is cool

I wish I knew too. They are only a 2 valve engine not 4 valve like the daytona, I have read that the g-box is questionable being 5 speed......an extra gear in same case design=thinner/weaker gears!!
Thats just what I read somewhere....not gospel!
I'm keen to know if ya get one what they are like.

I wish I knew too. They are only a 2 valve engine not 4 valve like the daytona, I have read that the g-box is questionable being 5 speed......an extra gear in same case design=thinner/weaker gears!!
Thats just what I read somewhere....not gospel!
I'm keen to know if ya get one what they are like.
REPLY——— I have one one, put it on a dbx1 chassis. I love it. Very strong. It is 5 speed. Original style 1 down 4 up. I love it. I would recommend it to anyone. Especially comparing the price to the Daytona

REPLY——— I have one one, put it on a dbx1 chassis. I love it. Very strong. It is 5 speed. Original style 1 down 4 up. I love it. I would recommend it to anyone. Especially comparing the price to the Daytona

Latest posts

Back