Zongshen 250cc sprag clutch sticky & slipping, adjust or replace?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 3x socket head bolts are just holding the inner hub to the flywheel.

what if you buy a socket head bolt to screw into the crank first, then the bolt in the puller will sit into that.

the bolt you used to go inside the bigger thread, is it a high tensile bolt ?
if not, replace it with one, it willl last longer

Bunnings and Supercheap sell a few different size socket head bolts and high tensile bolts

1hightens.jpg

what if you buy a socket head bolt to screw into the crank first, then the bolt in the puller will sit into that.

because the difference between thread sizes is quite small and the head of any bolt with that sort of thread is going to be too large to fit inside the flywheel hole, let alone the puller over it
Someone on another forum suggested dropping a ball bearing in, I reckon that'll do the trick

And no its just a standard bolt. I have a spare chain puller with a broken pin so fortunately I don't need to get the bolt out of it again

the socket head bolt doesn't need to screw into the thread in the crank,
it just needs to sit there so the bolt that's pushing against it isn't pushing into the crank.
the hardest/highest tensile bolts are socket heads, rated at 12.9

I don't quite understand, you mean invert a bolt and drop it into the hole so that the head of the bolt is sitting against the crankshaft, and the thread is facing outwards so that if I use my make-shift puller it's going to be 2 bolts pushing against each other at the thread side?
Problem with that is its going to cause the bolt to skew and likely bend. Any head thats small enough to fit past the flywheel's hole is going to have a fairly thin thread

Think a ball bearing is the go as a sphere is a hell of a lot stronger, and it'll sit perfectly flush in there

drop the thread of an Allen head/socket head bolt into the thread in the crank.

the round head of the 12.9 high tensile bolt will act as a very strong washer, and not fall apart
the rounded socket head will fit inside the bigger outer thread,
and the clamping face of the bolt will sit perfectly flat against the crank

pushing a ball bearing into the thread, might want to flare out the thread in the crank, and make it clamp even tighter in the flywheel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back