Zongshen E start 110 or Lifan 110

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WC1

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls

just want your opinion on which 110 engine is more reliable, im looking at getting either the Zongshen e start 110 or the Lifan 110??

cheers!!

They are both great motors, Lifan and Zongshen are both well made and strong little motors. But if it ever needed a topend rebuild the Lifan is a tad easier to get the parts as there more common, Zongshen is becoming more common and is a great engine also.

I have had the Lifan 110, as Mick said above they are well made and a strong little motor. I had one in a little R1 replica and we gave this thing a flogging and never missed a beat. Then i put a TBolt 114cc bigbore kit on it with race head and cam and a bigbore exhaust and a 22mm Mikuni carb and gave it a flogging again LOL. The only thing we broke was the centrifugal clutch setup and replaced it with a billet centrifugal clutch setup and never had a drama after that. This engine also was put in a old BSE pitbike frame and was the first bike my stepson Tristan raced he raced it for about 3 months and never missed a beat. I brought Tristan a 125cc Braaap and sold the BSE as a rolling frame. I then put the motor back in the little R1 for a year and only sold this engine early this year it had around 15 - 20 hours since the TB kit was fitted and about a total of 60 - 80 hours since this engine was new. I have had nothing to do with the Zongshen 110 just thought i would say how good of a run a had with the Lifan 110. This thing had a flogging since new but was always serviced well oil changed every 5 hours airfilter cleaned after every ride etc.

thanks mate, i was leaning towards the lifan, just wondering if was possible to put the lifan 110 into a pitpro XR, running on the same gearing as the old lifan 150?

my sons Lifan 110 Electric start has done us really well, it has done around 600kms maybe more ??
clutch and starter motor were the only major parts that needed replacing
pics etc in my Dune Buggy thread, the link to it is below

it should fit where the 150 was
my Custom Orion has had a 125 Ducar, 125 lifan, 150 Lifan and a 110 3V engine fitted all without major mods

thanks mate, i was leaning towards the lifan, just wondering if was possible to put the lifan 110 into a pitpro XR, running on the same gearing as the old lifan 150?

Im pretty sure that the sharft the front sprocket goes on is the same on both engines. If it fits you may need to go smaller or larger on the front sprocket for what sort of performance you want. Smaller front sprocket more low down performance lose in the top speed or larger front sprocket lose low down performance but better top speed.

110 will suck on dust and sand all day and still keep chugging along even after the throttles jammed open with grit ;) theyll lug two guys, total weight 160kg, up a pretty steep incline even with a blown head gasket then proceed to carry us another 3km home...

lifan or zongsheng or quing xiang pin?? same difference to me... which ones the copy of which? all the parts are the same topend wise. same as sprockets etc.

id go kickstart as, previously mentioned, E-start is heavy and too much complexity for what should be simple...a battery, wiring, relay, starter buton, regulator, yarda yarda...

the starter can also get in the way if its an "over" type and not under the cylinder...

the things smaller and has less get up and go...get a smaller sprocket than what was on the 150... but then what you have might be fine anyway.

Hey guys, thanks everyone for the responses, i have gone for the lifan, wil post some pics when im done.
cheers!!

Good choice mate, there a great little motor.

Latest posts

Back