Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True that, that style shock setting being more horizontal than vertical will take a lower spring weight.

Wouldnt that be the opposite? With that type of swingarm there is less leverage so a heavier spring would be needed?

The shock I've got in it at the moment is way too hard and it's cheap china one i had laying around

See in the pics

Just need to try a different shock I spose & see how it goes?

With the swingarm pivot back a bit from the sprocket it may wear the chain slider on the swingarm if you lengthen the shock & lift the back up too much, The chain will be wanting to wear into the swingarm
Position the swingarm roughly where you want it, Measure via the shock length, Then run a piece of string or straight edge? from the top of the front sprocket to the rear sprocket & make sure the swingarm pivot point is not in the way? You may need a shorter shock?
There is plenty of lighter rate shocks available in shorter lengths

How long is your shock now?

Photo0310.jpg

Is that bolt hole to bolt hole (center) or total length?

You should get away with a 280mm shock, I thought maybe it would be 250mm, Hard to see & guesstamate

yep hole to hole,Stock length is 270mm,Need buy and mount a chain guide for it too,As they didn't come with one stock

how's the PW80 mutant going?

have you considered using a riser on the rear shock?
i made one for a mates sons PW80, his was sitting as low as your bike sits now.
the 50mm riser lifted the rear about 80mm
here is a pic of it raised
003.jpg

Latest posts

Back