Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled mine apart now putting it back together but cant memba were the 2 lil sleeves go in the clutch cover :confused:

look on the cover, there will be 2x holes that are 8mm, the rest will be 6mm i/d

pull the rest of the side cover off, and remove the kickstart idler gear, the shift pawl will move then

Yeah I kind of figured that pal! I'm all done for the day now, it's like this now. Reckon I could just leave it like this? ***55357;***56860;

that roller should be sitting in the shift star cutouts though ?
the detent pawl arm (with the roller) might be slightly bent inwards ?
that holds it in gear, so it wont drop out.

These pic are making me shudder. I hate gearbox's. I would just buy another motor if I had problems. hahaha

Yeah I see the problem, you don't have a can of beer in your hand and a hammer. Easy fix. :)

These pic are making me shudder. I hate gearbox's. I would just buy another motor if I had problems. hahaha

Yeah I see the problem, you don't have a can of beer in your hand and a hammer. Easy fix. :)

Beer and hammer, got it next step?

I did some checking. Apparently it's supposed to sit like this,

But it's seems like it's bending hell out of that wheel and arm? Is it ok to leave it like this?

Last edited:
Well played sir.

Now I'm jealous your drinking beer while I'm stuck at work. lol

Hmmm, i was too, until i noticed it's a Corona... Gotta wonder why Mexican beer is yellow? Must have something to do with Mexico not having much water, so they make it out of something else :p

i will check my 155 and get back to you.

btw, it's 43 degress here atm, get ready for some hotter days up there soon

Hmmm, i was too, until i noticed it's a Corona... Gotta wonder why Mexican beer is yellow? Must have something to do with Mexico not having much water, so they make it out of something else :p

Hey hey Bear Grills would take offence to that statement. It's good for the blisters too apparently. ;)

I love it on a nice summers day.

Well played sir.

I'm only teasing myself with a couple, have to go see the financial adviser at 2. Wife will kill me if I turn up half cut!

Maybe that's why they call it's pissed when you've had to many?

i will check my 155 and get back to you.

btw, it's 43 degress here atm, get ready for some hotter days up there soon

All good big fella just got off the phone to Rotn50 he said its only the 1 down 3 up that have the funny star that needs to have the wheel on the outer part! The 155's sit on the pins on the shift drum.

Which is fricken sweet cause I'm now going riding tomorrow, just brought myself some new threads! Bike will get a service, and away I go! :banana::banana::banana::coolthumb:

ok,
just pulled the side cover off mine,
the roller definately sits inside on the rods of the shift star not the cutouts on the outer :hache:

sorry for the wrong info before (worked on too many Lifans)

to stop the problem reoccuring,
if you can bent the detent pawl/arm, out a touch, so it sits towards the outer edge of the shift star.
it might keep it away from the shift arm enough to stop it hooking up?

otherwise, try bending the shift arm back a couple of mm, towards the r/h engine casing, if you understand what i mean ?

Righto Craig new issue!:cursing:

It's pissing oil out of the bottom left hand side of the oil filter cover, when the cover is pushed down as far as it can go with out the bolts in it it, it rocks slightly? Every thing is clean and tight to the point of, I don't want to strip the thread! Almost seems like it's bowed?

Now I'm hoping you just tell me it's a quick fix because I'm about to set fire to the bloody thing!

is the little o'ring still in it's seat ?
and the spring at the back of the filter, is that sitting right?
nothing sitting on either of the mating faces, bit of dirt etc?

mine can be pushed together and sit flush the whole way around, by hand

the bottom right bolt on the filter cover looks like it has a different head to the other 3, it is flat, not rounded ?
could it be too long ?
try swapping that, and the one above it to the left, around?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back