Ktm 50sx

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surrender

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Im pretty new to the mini bike scene and im looking at getting a bike.. I dont know much about anything just yet, but i have figured out that while the chinese bikes can be ok, they can also be a bit dodgy.

So, I have looked around a bit and im thinking about a few bikes but im not sure how they are to upgrade and everything, I was thinking maybe a 125cc Thumpstar (genuine) or a ktm 50sx senior, but i dont know if most mini parts are compatible with different bikes, and if people make parts for the ktm?

I heard that the crf50's are a great bike to start with, but i would prefer the ktm just for the size it comes stock..

Any help is great, im looking to spend up to around 2500 so far, and will be upgrading from there..

cheers

heres the deal mate
1.A KTM 50sx is not a fast50s nor adult mini bike thoguh it is an awsome bike...for juniors but is definatley not a fast 500 ,the fast 50 scene is limited to mini FOUR strokes only hence the work thumpstar (thumper=4 stroke).The 50sx is built for kids and kids soley in mind and cannot be raced in adult mini bike competiton.The ktm is strong yes but will brake easy still as its designed for kids
2.Yep some (highlight the word some) are very shit (fingers point to foxico) and are no better to ride than a packing palate with wheels however there are quality china's that compete with the tricked up crf50s and klx110s of the world these consist of
-Motovert
-Terra-moto or genuine Thumpstars
-Pitsterpro
-Ciniworx
-Gtx (good range)
-Extreme minis (friggin tough bikes)
-Mso (support em)
etc
All these brands sell top quality machines that are tougher than a grilled lizard and are cheaper alternative to a pumped up crf50

3.Crf/xr 50s are top bike bikes however need the following mods so that an adult can ride one properly
-Handle bar kit
-Flat seat
-heavy duty footpegs
You can pick up a second hand xr50 (same as a crf50) for around $1000 on ebay and then you can trick it up with the spare $1500 you have left over ,this bike will last years and years

4)If i had a choice i would go either this http://http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TERRA-MOTO-TDX-PRO-Thumpstar-Crf50-2007-2hrs-use_W0QQitemZ170139479201QQihZ007QQcategoryZ32074QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or get an xr50 and mod it up if your china paraniod.
I hope that help you mate when it comes to getting a mini remember minis are the most fun you can have with your pants on lol.Cheers

Good post unit mx, the only thing I dont like about all china mini's is the engine is chinese. But the 08 motovert comes with a daytona japan engine!!

Thanks a lot mate that was heaps of help, I just found a genuine thumpstar that is probably the one I'm going to get, appreciate the help.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back