KTM 85cc Motard build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice you are out front of those four fiddies too Ringo. Is that the norm?

Pretty quick but a small track for sure.

Let's get this thread back on topic. :)

That's a mid pack shot dude, rest assured there's a few more 4fiddies in front as well!!

Don't wanna psych you banana boys out too much!!!!

Maybe you don't But I do!!! The boys from Vic are even quicker!:boxing:

Nice one Barnes!!! :lol_hitting:

Billy isn't going is he?? Dafunk is a maybe pending injury right?? Barnes, it may be you and me verses all of cqmm mate!!!! team tactics?? :damnmate:

Nah hasn't seen a dyno yet, a good one is supposed to have 28hp. I have "played with" the reed area, transfer ports and exhaust port, also aftermarket pipe, a factory sxs cdi unit and a high comp head. I think the only thing left I could put into it that the Ozzy junior MX team use is the VHM crank (1200 bucks) and I'm pretty sure thats for reliability, I don't think there would be even 1/2 hp in the crank, it's just stronger!! I still reckon my engine is good for at least 25hp.

LOL, One of my mates on a 450 walked over at the start of the day and said "there's a few guy's over there scared you're going to beat them"

See I pit with the pocket bikes as I'm the PBAWA pres, and he'd walked over from where all the supermoto's were pitted!

Pretty funny really!!

Its funny I went into a second hand bike shop on the weekend, he had two yz85's, an sx85 and an sx65. When I said I was thinking about the sx65 with an 80cc bigbore kit to keep the wheel base short he said "don't bother they're unreliable" I said what "the big bore kits" and he said "nar the 65's, battling to see them all finish a race in the dirt mate"

Didn't mention the sx 85's but did try to sell me an ol' bunky yz85!!!:bolt:

:listen: :listen: :listen: :listen:

nearly2_zps00587d98.jpg

nearly1_zpsed0e7f6a.jpg

nearly3_zps500d0d97.jpg

nearly4_zps41bdc732.jpg

hose_zps1f7d20a5.jpg

Well this thought crossed my mind in 2011. No 80cc kit yet but we'll see how it goes!! As some of you know I change my bikes nearly more than my jocks!!!! I've been missing my ktm since I sold it!!!

This is a ktm 65sx from 2008, non powervalve.
FA-BA 12" wheels from Italy.
85sx type front hub, factory 260mm full floating disc.
ktm 125-450 front brake caliper and m/cylinder
Heavy springs out of Germany (eBay)
Swanky Venhill Orange hose
Dunlop TT93's
Chinese Orange CRF50 front fender :D
Sumo slider pegs
MotoXart custom plate graphics

I took it for a quick roadtest on the weekend without a front brake :eek: on the second run up the street the little old lady neighbour loved it so much she decided to take pictures of me going by!!!! :eek: Rode straight into shed, roller door down!!! Lucky I had full face and goggles on!!

Looking forward to giving it a run at Round 2 of our state champs this weekend and more modification in the future; pipe, bigger carby, vforce3's, athena big bore!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back