mobile phone/ computer gurus.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$heepy

Reaction score
alright heres the deal, im on 3 prepaid atm and i live in a roaming area, echunga SA. i recharge my phone with the $29 recharges.

now im wondering about internet packs, i want to get the unlimeted facebook pack for $8 (Three - Mobile Internet - Setup & Pricing check down about the middle of the page)

now im wondering 3 has some weird conditions on pre paid, like you cant make your $150 free calls to other 3 customers in the roaming zone it needs to be in the broadband area, so does that sort of thing apply here.

i checked the terms and conditions and they say that i can (if i am reading them right...)
*Content and content prices are subject to change and we'll be sure to notify you of any changes in advance. Content available in Broadband and 3G Roaming Zones. The quality of some services may vary according to factors such as device capabilities, location and network usage. Some content not available on all handsets.

now im just wondering whether any one can confirm this is true, because when i got my phone (nokia e63) i thought i could make the $150 free 3 to 3 calls from where i live too but thats not the case.

i'd be inclined to call their customer service line and get them to give you their definitive answer.. Ask for a transcript of your call before you start and if thats not possible.. Ask if they mind if you record the conversation for your piece of mind.. I have dealt with 3. Had both prepaid and contract with them.. Stuffed me around with them both. I wouldn go near em with a ten foot barge pole!

3 is a big version of a pigging backing company. they don't own enough of there own reception towers to offer enough reception to there customers so they piggy back off telstra 3g towers like say crazy johns piggy backs off vodafone. But telstra don't have many 3g towers any more there all nextg or gsm.. so 3 are forced to pay higher rates to use telstra nextg towers coz telstra r expensive and like to rip everyone off.. i mean next g is a premium service so you pay a higher rate using them towers which leads to you getting no benefits when you use those towers. life sucks.. go to telstra prepaid... 40 buck recharge gives you 40 bucks of credit, 150 minutes of talk to any network and 150 sms to any network... plus awesome reception and good wireless internet speeds. LOL im sorry i work at telstra n must be having a moment of giving a shhiit!!!

rach. I use my mobile as a router\modem with the pc, currently on optus prepaid and not really happy with the connection speed and it dropping out every few minutes. What would be the telstra equiv. Prepaid wish and whats the customer service and help line like? Using a n95 8gig. Dont sell me a plan.. Tell me whats best!

nar get the new prepaid modem its faster.. like $179 bucks, just ask for the 7 series prepaid modem. its alright the recharge amounts sorta suck a lil pricy. Telstra considers all its services as a premium service so your always gonna pay more. Umm telstras customer service is alright if your realistic... if you expect them to dump credit on you coz feel like being a jerk over the phone then we will hate you... like i dunno i personally think telstra have good customer service... i dunno what all the fuss is about coz telstra aint so bad. You just have to call the right number n u wont get transferred like crazy ha ha. You could use your n95 as a modem but i think that way always sucks. i dunno pm if u really wanna know the best option coz everyone is ALWAYS better off on a plan lol

Rach you have got to be kidding right

Telstra are pathetic , i wouldnt go near em with some1 elese money , there a ripp off , with lil to no sevice

net i use internode have done for over 6 yrs , never had a problem

my house phone is with internode as well , my mobile is prepaid vodaphone

all up i pay 145 bucks a quater , use my net all the time run my phone all the time , never get stuffed around by a packi wanker in some faroff land who dont give a toss ,

telstra can eat sh!t

Latest posts

Back