New member, Dhz 160 dpro issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkzfinest

Reaction score
Hello today i bought a near new 2013 dhz 160 dpro with ten hours on it the chick i got it off said it hasnt been serviced since she got it i rode it for about an hour went okay 1st to 3rd but 4th seemed to bogg out and was blowing alot of white smoke when first started was cold tho, but im gussing it needs a service and i plan to upgrade carby to a 30mm flatside race carby with 1/8 throttle and plan to upgrade to big bore dhz exsaust , but the main issue im worried about is ever time the bike dies or i turn it off all i can hear is some bubbling gurgling noise the chick tryed saying its normal for oil cooled bikes but i wouldnt know always been a 2stroke person tryed googling it cant find nothing on oil cooled bikes and if its normal or not how can i check the oil for the oil cooler?

Welcome to Miniriders dude!

30mm carb is not necessary on a standard 160 mate, a 26mm Oko is plenty enough and will give you a much snappier little bike. Any particular reason on choosing the 1/8? The billet alloy 1/4 throttles are awesome! Super smooth and strong.
Bubbling in the engine isn't normal mate, I've had a 2011 and still got a 2012 pro and they've never done that. If it hasn't had a service mate you should get that china oil out of it ASAP! It's probably half water! ;)

Yeah mate if I were you i'd change the oil ASAP, It's recommended you don't even ride it on the oil it comes with and to replace it straight away.
my67xr will come along and explain it better than me but he told me you should replace the oil with some 10W-40 oil

I've never used an 1/8 turn throttle but i'm pretty sure that it would be super touchy and not much fun for just riding around the bush unless all you're doing is racing

Thank you I appreciate it and sweet I'll be getting a 26mm one just bit worried about the tuning part and yeah my mistake it's 1/4 throttle I want but yes was very worried when I heard the bubbling and still have no clue as what it could be I'm worried they sold me a dud bike on its way out but it went okay when riding it never been a 4 stroke person always a 2 stroke person so I really do have no clue and what exactly is a service on a 4 stroke I use to service my 2 stroke my self cause yeah can't really afford 100$ for service rather spend it on carby

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Change the oil, I bet there will be tonnes of metal shavings and sludge in there.
Have you cleaned and oiled you air filter yet?
I'd probably recommend doing the valve clearances. 0.003" on the Intake and 0.004" on the Exhaust

Do you know whereabouts the bubbling sound is coming from on the bike?

So change the engine oil no worries il go buy new oil first thing in morning what type should I get ? Okay sweet I'll right that down and look for some 10w-40 oil tomorrow and yeah want it for the bush and jumps and wheelies mainly

Welcome to Miniriders dude!

30mm carb is not necessary on a standard 160 mate, a 26mm Oko is plenty enough and will give you a much snappier little bike. Any particular reason on choosing the 1/8? The billet alloy 1/4 throttles are awesome! Super smooth and strong.
Bubbling in the engine isn't normal mate, I've had a 2011 and still got a 2012 pro and they've never done that. If it hasn't had a service mate you should get that china oil out of it ASAP! It's probably half water! ;)

used oil from the local kitchen well filtered to get the chunks out......thats why it has the burn vegetable smell to it I recon! Export it to Australia then they dont have to worry about it!!

Fresh oil for sure bkzfinest...see it that sorts the problem out! Could also not be enough oil in it....but only a couple of dollars to dump the oil and get new stuff!!

Yeah the bubbling is quite possibly the "oil"
but I had a search and the white smoke could be due to valve clearances or piston rings, But then again it could just be to do with the water(oil) in it!

EDIT:
Just read on a skidoo forum that the gurgling in a skidoo is the oil returning from the oil cooler to the engine. (the skidoos run a dry sump)

I think it's quite possible your bike has hardly any oil in it due to never being changed and the sound is the little oil thats left is returning back down... perhaps measure how much it is that comes out or put up a photo at least?

Last edited:
okay well ill be changing oil first thing in morning im hoping theres no metal chucks as its only got ten hours on it still fairly new, and it sounds like its coming from the watercooler or whatever it is thats under the fuel tank or the top end but i doubt it, and as for air filter no i havent i only got the bike today im 2nd owner i took it for hour ride and yeah 1st-3rd went good 4th bogged out and bike doesnt idle etc, as i said im a 2 stroke person when it comes to valves i really have no clue what im doing, and i dont have the clearnece tool or what ever its called,

but yeah the chick that owned it said the bubbling is the oil but she also said its perfectly fine witch shows how much she knows

yeah that explains the sound exsactly im hoping i havent damaged the bike to much riding it with such less oil? but for memory i checked oil whilst out bush and it came up to the full line on stick, but it has to be something oil related, and ill get pics in morning ill also get a video off the sound if it will let me upload a video in morning,

i would start off by buying a cheap set of feeler gauges, under $10, and setting the valve clearances first.
it is pretty easy to do, you'll need a 9mm spanner and a pair of pliers too.
check out this video, it explains it pretty well.

[video=youtube;QJciyJRJh8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJciyJRJh8Q[/video]

once you have set the clearances then you'll need to tune the carby to suit.
but first i would replace the spark plug with a Genuine NGK C7HSA, Supercheap have them for under $5

does it have a Molkt Carby on it now ?
if so they are pretty easy to tune

start the bike and warm it up
then turn the idle speed screw inwards to raise the idle to about 1800 rpms.
now slowly adjust the mixture screw in or out, 1/4 of a turn at a time, it will take a few seconds to settle each time.
you need to listen to the way it is running,
you want to adjust it so you get the highest/smoothest speed
then try adjusting it 1/8 turn at a time to fine tune it.

once you are happy it's smooth, drop the idle speed back down to normal rpms again, by turning the idle speed screw back out.

then take the bike out for a ride and see how it goes then.
if it hesitates or plays up at a certain rpm then take note and let us know what it is doing and at what throttle position.
then we can advise you on what to do next.

don't forget to drop by to our Introduce Yourself thread too and say g'day

cheers, craig

It should be a 26 Fakuni on it at the moment, and white smoke is fuel dude so don't worry about that too much. Not entirely sure about the bubbling? Like the guys said check you valves first, also check your breathers for blockage, when you change the oil keep and measure exactly how much comes out.

Can you tell exactly where the bubbling is happening?

I got mine for just under $4 off eBay here
15 Blade 0 05 TO 0 63mm 0 002 TO 0 25'' Thickness GAP Metric Filler Feeler Gauge | eBay

I've actually got a brand new spare one and happy for you to take it off my hand it your willing to pay like $2 for postage

Hey craig, Whats the difference between the CR7HSA and C7HSA?

Wow I was an idiot buying a set at the local tool shop for $15 at trade price :thumbdown:

CR7HSA is a resistor plug C7HSA is not!

I had to buy more CR7HSA's today Craig....Supercheap is out of C7's....

Damn stoozo you make it sound like I shouldn't have bought a CR7HSA :D

Whats the difference between a resisted and nonresisted plug?

using a CR7HSA will give you a smaller spark,
but it's not really that noticable unless your bike is race prepped.

with the bubbling sound,
i would try nipping up the oil line bolts where the hoses go into the cooler, the filter, and to the cases.
it may be sucking a little air in as it shuts down?
are any of the pipe ends wet with oil where the banjo bolts go through?

i just looked at the DHZ site then at the carby, looks like a copy Mikuni 30mm is it?

Okay I'm waiting for shops to open and I'll be buying a set off feeler gauges, also I'll be buying new 10-40w oil any suggestions on brand types or thick or thin oil etc? And thank you very much 67xr for video and help it will help me alot through the process of checking the clearances then yeah ill push my bike out the bush near mine and start her up and play around with the carby so turn idle screw up then adjust mixture screw and turn idle screw back to what it was at? And yes will drop in and introduce my self sorry for my rudeness just soon as I found this site had 100 and 1 questions was worried I spent 800$on a stuffed bike.

And Matt Wilkinson that sounds great mate I'll have to make a PayPal so I can send u the 2$ and I'll be checking all oil cooler bolts soon as I get home and yes your correct it's a mikuni 30mm

Latest posts

Back