12 bar, where to buy or how to make?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterSpoon

Reaction score
ok done a bit of searching but have not found anything to really help me.
I have a pitpro XR140 and wanna play around doing some stunts and want a 12 bar for it. Is there anything off the shelf specific to this bike or does anyone on here make custom ones up? If i can't find / buy anything i like I will be making my own. So even peoples experiences and tips on making your own 12 bar would be great.

Hey, i've never seen anything that "bolts on" for a mid size pit bike. Actually i've never even seen a 12 o'clock bar on a mid size pit bike. I'd asume it is because of the longer wheelbase, causing the rear wheel to stick out more, so it's harder to fit a crf50 bar. You could probably make your own fairly easily though

yeah real hardf to put one on the midsize mini's coz they have to be realy long & length on a 12 bar means weakness & it will snap, best way is to make them come past 12 to like 11 or 10 but then it makes it really hard to get back..... wit hthe XR140 (KLX based) they have bugger all sub frame & nothing realy to mount it to you would have to make a full new subframe with the 12bar incorperated... best thing to do with this kind of bike is just run stunt pegs & no bar & just try & scap the rear mud guard n stuff no real need for a bar anyways..

yep... if you fall back with enough force you will bend the sub frame or brake it so if you do go ahead with it id suggest you strengthen the sub frame!

KLXperimSupercomp.jpg

EVEN tho this is a BBR frame the subframe is still the same size, they are tiny... even 50stunt.com has not figured out how to make a cost effective 12 bar for this style of subframe

Latest posts

Back