140cc speed and pickup?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad man

Reaction score
Hey, do the 140cc engines go very good and fast? like what speed would it go max? what about the pickup is it slow at start? Thanks

depends how much u weigh and how u ride it and if its been run in properly, plus which one? lifan or what?

both. 67 kg

what would the max speed of one be? dont know about gearing... 100ks? or 90ish?????????????

yeah bout that.. my mate had a stock gsx ORION up pat 80km/hr on saturday on teh higway haha under cover got him hahah but he didnt care he just told us a guud track to ride and that its probs not the best idea to race cars up the long straights. haha

Yeah would probably need something that goes fast on road. Get away from cops they cant catch my 125 but if i was sitin on 80 and couldnt find a bush track near i would get owned

I dont think top speed is really the factor cause you can get a pitty going way to fast for the frame just by changing the gearing. But yeah 140 is the go if you're serious. My mate just bought a pitpro 140 and its about 4-5 bike lengths ahead of my lifan 110 at 70kph (both topping out) but that was on straight. it would be very far ahead if we dragged up a hill. I guess the thing is bikes with a 140 lifan tend to have way better suspension and frame geometry than a 110 or most 125s. the pitpro 140 is sweet as to ride - its actually has forks that work. So its got my bike beat hands down.

Its pretty much the same as the 125 to me, I'd be just as happy if not happier with the 125.

My friends 125 06 thumpstar pro engine is incredible! Better than my 140 lifan, it has way faster pickup, maybe my 140 has a slightly faster top speed...

i bought a 140cc from dhz and its the best motor i have had. it scares me toaday was the first day that i took it out for a flogging after running it in and i had it at about 3/4 throttle and decided to flat out, i yanked the throttle back and the front wanted to come up. i am currently running a 14t front and 41t rear, go a 16t front and 37t rear just got to get a new chain. with the 41t rear sprocket has a speed of 100km/h and with the new sprocket set up i should gain a little more top end and be able to use first gear a little more.

the pickup is great has a lot more in her than the 125. i gave my friend a drag, he has a 125 and was full throttle with me beside him at only 3/4 throttle.:D

No way in a million years would it get up to 100kph, you have an overactive imagination, especially with the 41 tooth rear sprocket, with a 37 maybe it could get up to 85 maybe 90.

hmm ok. i think thumpstars and the more expencive bikes have way better bearings! and other little things. Check your sprocket size dont just listen to what the ebay add says i might be different! i think the 30mm carb is too big for the 140 mabye it should run a 28

Yeh, but with the 140cc has anyoned noticed how much a wood chop would chop if he could chop wood? :S

Latest posts

Back