A bit of a dilemma!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberhead

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just got a dirt bike for my birthday recently, and I was wondering, what are the standard carby settings for a LIFAN 125cc pitbike engine? I'm a bit puzzled on this :confused:

sweet. so if you wind the mixture screw out 2 & 1/2 turns, and the thing STILL runs like crap, what else could be the likely problem? blocked jets from metal shavings, maybe? I can't think of anything else.

note: the bike is brand new.

cheers.

its not two accounts. We're two different ppl, we live near each other, but, it's my bike, he's helping me maintain it and stuff.

If its brand new then id be checking the plug and if thats ok then take the carb off and give it a good clean. When i got mine it had mud in the bottom of the bowl.

thanks heaps guys. the plug is sweet. but its running like a bag of sh*te. ingleburn, cheers dude, thats exactly what i was thinking. timber head and i'll have to give the carby a full tear down and clean. my guess is she'll run sweet after that. ad thanks for the engine type mittz, i was thinking it was a lifan, but yeah it could be a ducar. we'll have to have a closer look.

while ya at it check the fuel filter.Ive had a new one that was had it and the bike was lucky to idle let alone rev. Let us know how you go.

its running like a bag of shizzay cause it's an atomik.
get an MSO, DHZ or motovert much better bikes. but they too can go like bags of shizzay if you dont look after then. like not riding in water or deep mud, clean air filter regulary, regular oil changes, and premium petty.
and the bikes are from china so there is a possbility your unlucky and got a bad egg.

gee thanks for your positive input little brucey. way to make someone feel good about their new bike. you rock.

it wont be going like "shizzay" when we've finished with it.

Hi guys,

Whats it exactly doing in detail?

Does it start easy?
Run at all?
Coughs at certain revs only?
Rough throughout whole revrange?

Give a bit more details and we'll give ya more things to try if its still running rough!

P.s brucey your a tool:D

ingleburn, i havent had a chance to get around to timberheads place to have another go, but i'm tipping a new fuel filter, a good carby clean out, blow out the jets with compressed air, then return the lot to stock settings, and she should go like a 125cc ducar is meant to. do you happen know what position the slide needle should be at?

g'day pitmaster, nice avatar mate! i've got a 78 Z50J road registered in brissy with a little Lifan in it. with a slightly bigger bore and sprocket change she does 80km/h. i just rode it to work in fact. awesome fun. mate if you havent already, check out Hi all its an awesome reference for z50s!

timberheads bike is running like a dog. it will only idle at about 3000RPM and it has no top end power at all. which leaves just a very doughy midrange to play with. it's brand new so has good compression and a nice strong spark. the problem is fuelling, we think it has some gunk in the carbs but we've raised the slide needle and played with the main jet and now we've got BOTH gunk in the carb (we assume) AND the settings are all out.

i believe the main jet and the slide needle are all that has been touched (someone else had a go at fixing it before i started helping timberhead) so if they're returned to stock settings and any gunk is cleaned out i'm hoping that will do the trick. we'll let you guys know if that fixes it. thanks heaps for your help!

hey guys, thanks again for your feedback. we managed to get it going nice. as was suggested, there was a bit of fine clay-like matter in the float bowl. we gave it a good clean out and blow out with the compressor and she ran really well for a minute or two, then started being a turd again.

turns out, that the atomiks CDI unit is right under where the fuel hose exits the tank, and when the tank bolts are done up nice and tight, the fuel line was kinking and preventing fuel flow to the carb. we zip-tied the CDI to a location close by but out of the way of the fuel line.

she's running sweet now.

thanks again.

Latest posts

Back