AGB30 ProX 250 Atomik / Orion Thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaz808

Reaction score
Since the Hummer thread is so popular and there is now starting to be other bikes mentioned in that thread i thought i would start the AGB30 thread

I have the Atomik ProX250 19" front wheel & 16" rear, i bought it Oct 07

It has the gold front shocks with the black hex nut on top, it also has air valves under the rubber grommets bottom of shocks
Front shocks were way to soft and would bottom out on every bump/ditch/hole, i added spacers heavier oil and 35# of air and are only a little bit better
So far i have noticed that the bike has come with 3 different front shocks
Gold ones with the dampening (red/blue) knobs on top, my ones no knobs and there seems to be a black set of shock, i dont know what these are like

My bike had a 34 tooth rear and 12 tooth front sprocket and a 520 chain(now 56/17 428-chain)

When i went to get it Recreational Registered (rec reg) Vic Roads found no number stamped in the frame, it had the plate and number on the motor but not on the frame, so i had to stamp a number which they supplied known as a VR Number

The bikes close to being ran in with one oil change so far

Only prob i have had so far is the electric start, and crappy fuel hoses,
first the green earth wire became loose, just needed to tighten the front sprocket cover, now i have a short somewhere i havent looked yet as it only happened 2 days ago, because the shape of the fuel tank to the frame the way the wires are routed doesnt leave much room for the cdi, starter soleniod ect and with the extra wires and relay i ran for the front/rear light and horn wires, somewhere something has got hot or squashed and i keep blowing a fuse as soon as i push the start button

So far its been i good bike, just those front shocks is letting it down, i wonder how much longer the front shocks are on the 21" front wheel model, and maybe put a set of them on

prox 250 sprockets

Hey Jazz,
Where did you buy your 56/17 sprockets from?

Heya Jaz,

I just bought one of the new 09 AGB-30E, (Air Cooled), bikes and I am waiting for it to be delivered. One of my mates here in Tassie imported a container load of the 07 AGB's in and he said that they had the sagging front forks problem as well...all research that I have done into the latter models suggest that the problem has been fixed with the black front forks on the 21"/18". I will have my bike by the end of next week so if you want I can post the measurements off the front forks for you if you like?

There was a KTM look-a-like down at the local chonga dealer here and he said that the front forks on that bike was identical to mine, they handeled my weight easy as, (I am 105kgs), as I went for a blat on it up and down the driveway of the shop jumpning up and down on it to test it LOL!!! He asked me weather I was happy with it and I said "yes not bad". He then tried to sell me the bike saying that it would be a special deal for me, $2650.00 cash LMFAO!!!!

hey mate, good to see another forum starting up about the 250`s.

i have the Pro X 250 (21, 18 inch wheel) and it has the "Black" forks you are talking about, they are still very substandard and just recently (after last weeks ride) i have noticed that they sound very very springy, as if there is a spring in there, doesnt sound right to me so im going to be pulling them down and replacing the fork oil when i get some time.

Last week i had a vaccum problem with the bike, it was not running correctly unless i had the choke i the "detent" position. So i pulled the airbox apart, ripped the crappy air filter off, drilled some holes into the side of the air box, put some thin sponge over the holes and hoped for the best. Also cut the rubber under the fuel cap and drilled the vent hole a little bit bigger to allow better flow.

i also found that the gasket on the carby/intake manifold was the incorrect size, a round gasket was placed over the oval shaped intake manifold causing a air leak i just cut it and put it back on.

thats what i found last week anyway. . who knows what next week will bring.

i have done about 20 - 25 hours riding on the Pro X, its not bad for a bit of fun but still needs much TLC before it can be taken seriously.

Latest posts

Back