ANOTHER problem, bike won't start!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was until about 10 minutes ago. Now guess what happened?

I was riding and my chain broke! I don't think I'll be able to put a chain on, you gotta take the fucking engine case thing off. Would a motorbike shop have chains that fit Pitpros and are better than the one that came with it because I don't want it to break again....unless I did something wrong that broke it.

I have no idea how it broke. Could have I changed the gear wrong or something?

Last edited:
its a commen problem the chain brakeing just take it into eny bike shop they will have one that fits

If the shop won't put it on for me (heaps of them won't work on Pitpro type bikes) is it easy to put on?

Ive put mine on and off a million times when I get a flat tyre, its fairly easy... unless you're unexperienced...

Yeah, I've done that too but this time I've gotta get the whole chain on. Not just get it onto the wheel.

So what sort of chain do I ask for exactly when I go to buy a new one? I noticed it's a "KMC chain 428 pitch chain". Could I just ask for a 428 pitch chain?

Read the number on every second link on the chain, should be either 420 or 428, probably a 428.

So just a 428 pitch chain is all I have to ask for?

Well yeah its 99% chance it is a 428 but I would check the chain first if I were you, unless you lost it when it came off.

And if you didnt loose it, you could just buy a new link to replace the broken one instead of buyin a whole new chain if you want.

I still have the chain but I'll just get a new one instead of getting links. I'll also make sure that it's a 428. If it is, is that all I'll have to ask for? Just a 428 pitch chain, nothing else?

Yep will do. If it is a 428, they'll know what I mean if I ask for a 428 pitch chain? I don't have to ask for anything else right?

Ok thanks. I'll also bring the old chain in too in case.

Latest posts

Back