big no no

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazzy #1

Reaction score
ok, this is what someone should not do if they want to keep there anidised parts anidised... do not use degreaser on any anidised parts or it will was off... no derrrr (expenced by myself because of a lack of knowladge)

looks like ill have to get a can of that spray on red anidised paint as some parts of my red look dull....

now i did not purposly spray it on my anidised paint but i got a little overspray

Um, thats more likly to be fake anodizing, it is an electrical process normally, not using paint but oxidisation. Unless this degreaser you were using contained a harsh acid, i believe this would not be the case though.

Thanks for the tip, Crazzy #1. I noticed anodized parts off these chinese bikes arent as good as how I know them to be. Makes me think they didnt really go through the process. They sure look anodized though.

My wheels and fork are good but my bash plate and handlebar are showing signs of slight fading. Im not bothered (yet) as I actually find them to look good but I know they're not supposed to fade even with degreaser.

degreaser will eat alluminium if too strong or left on for to long.read the directions on the bottle..it usually makes natural finnished surfaces white or spotty. dont know about annondised but..

anodize sucks anyway! it was gay for pushy's and should still be.

(just me i hate it)

Latest posts

Back