Buying a mini-tard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikdbak

Reaction score
Watch aussie mini motard/pocket bike title today.

I want a to buy a bike to tard up and ride around Stony creek go kart track an any other place i can find around SE vic.

Ok which bike?

I dont know alot about the chinese bikes.

I was thinking a pit pro..an some dhz motard rims. Any read up on mods?

What is good an what is bad..
Atomik any good an as motard? motovert?
Probably wont race at this syage but still want a quick bike as cheap as i can get away with.

it sucks ya in hey? haha

bikes... if your going for an atomik.. only go the nitrous mate, nitrous is vertuly the same as the pit pro and the top of the atomik range

pretty much any bike can be a motard with a few mods, but yeah.

rims, dhz's are fine.
tyres, now youl see a few around, cst slicks seem to be best bang for ya buck being pretty sticky and only 65 each tyre, but you can go dunlop tt92's , sava's, pmt's, at a bit extra.

Looks smik..norway.
But i want the fun of modding myself, plus i won't be racing for a while.
Cheap to start out then mod it myself as i get quicker.
Cant spend alot straight up, got kids...and 4 others bikes to spend cash on too!!

Maybe your best bet is to find a 2nd hand bike in decent condition and then just buy some 'tard rims/wheels to try it out for a while... If you're planning on upgrading in time it's gonna turn out cheaper anyway
Hell you might find that you don't even like riding on the black stuff!

Yeh Im thinkin second hand. tard rims
I love riding the black stuff thou , I love riding anything an everything , this seem a ...just if I can get enuff punch out of it.

I just don't wann but something that is not reliable or not quik.

If their are any to aviod let me know plz ...I will just be piking a cheap second hander off ebay

From my past experiences 140's are peices crap.
They dump any, if not all oil out of the over flow when you're giving it heaps of revs all the time... pretty much no got for tarding at all...

I'm using a stock YX160 atm with a racing carb and big bore zorst. Packs plently of punch and the only problem i've ever had was a blocked oil line to the cooler... easy fix.
160's also have alot of performance parts out there like 187 big bore kits and racing heads to match.

Cheers I was just looking at a 140 pit pro.
And wondering which was better yx160 or lifan 160.
Performance parts are good:clap:

You must had a dodge 140 Norway.. My yx140 still runs strong after alot of damage. Sean had to replace fair few parts in it and since then ran pretty strong , never had that oil problem

Watch aussie mini motard/pocket bike title today.

Great to see someone on here came to watch us ride!

Few questions for you first, then we can give you the best information on what to look at.

How old are you?
Are you planning to race?
What is your budget or target price?

The difference between a 155ho and a yx160 is nominal and if anything the yx is a quicker engine. Proof was in straight line speed and acceleration at the island.

You must had a dodge 140 Norway.. My yx140 still runs strong after alot of damage. Sean had to replace fair few parts in it and since then ran pretty strong , never had that oil problem

I had a 140 lifan
ended up having to drill out all my oil lines to make it stop dumping so much oil

Latest posts

Back