Clutch

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirttau

Reaction score
hi anyone in the perth area could come over a show me if i put the cluch on my sons 140 the right way as im not sure i done it right

hi
i didnt replace it,i had to do the kick start gears and im not sure i put it back together right.also does it have to be wet to work or will pulling the clutch in give u neutral without oil on it

You should be able to find nuetral without the clutch but it could damage your gearbox.

they are a wet clutch and if they are dry can give the illusion of being in gear still.
If you are trying to find neutral to start the bike then you should be able to gently roll the bike back and forwards a little and click it threw the gears.
I had an issue a while ago with one of my crappy old road bikes that had been sitting for a while. Just try roll the bike back and forwards and play with gear lever till you find neutral then start it up and let the oil wet all the clutch again and it should work ok.
btw just reread one of your posts and if you still have side cover off and are trying to work out if it is working you should be able to see the clutch move and allow the clutch plates to separate, if you have it in gear and just pull the clutch in it won't be free.

i tryed rocking the bike backwards and forward and it wont select neutral but will find all other gears

they are a wet clutch and if they are dry can give the illusion of being in gear still.
If you are trying to find neutral to start the bike then you should be able to gently roll the bike back and forwards a little and click it threw the gears.
I had an issue a while ago with one of my crappy old road bikes that had been sitting for a while. Just try roll the bike back and forwards and play with gear lever till you find neutral then start it up and let the oil wet all the clutch again and it should work ok.
btw just reread one of your posts and if you still have side cover off and are trying to work out if it is working you should be able to see the clutch move and allow the clutch plates to separate, if you have it in gear and just pull the clutch in it won't be free.

If you have the side cover off, you wont be able to see the clutch plates separate, you wont be able to try and engage the clutch as the cable is attached to the cover.. if thats what your getting at.

i have the side cover of.i can get all gears except neutral for some reason dont know what i have done wrong

damn motor sucks.cant get neutral. clutch wont work.or i have done it all wrong.anyone know of a place in perth i can take it to. please all help needed

pull it apart and see if you have made any mistakes, im yet to pull a clutch apart so i do not have any experiance! but there may be something missing...

Latest posts

Back