CR125R - 2002 Model HELP!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taggyy

Reaction score
Hey guys

i got a little problem my kick start is very easy to start i can start it with my hand is it because the rings are warn out or what is it

and were do i get new ones and how much they cost

thanx guys :D

Does it run well?

If it runs bad you might have shot rings cause if you can start it with your hand, it must have low compression.

it's a 125 two-stroke, they don't have much compression, my mother can start my KX125 with her hand even if the piston is fresh...

but if you are in doubt, replace the rings, it's an cheap part and aren't that hard to do either.

The thing FLYS like it kills most bikes on the track like 250F no problems

but i no for a fact the compression is low if i can start it with my hand and i got a mate with a 250 KX 2stroke 2008 model but his is harder so i think it is the rings

how much are they around

and were can i get em thanx guys

you cannot compare a 125 two stroke with a 250 two stroke, it's double the displacement so of course it's gonna be a lot harder to kick, that goes without saying, ever tried to kick a CR500??

I've had my KX125 for 7 or 8 years now and I've rebuilt the top end like 5 or 6 times, I could even start it with my hand the day I got it.

125 there easy starts at the best of times ,how many hours have you done on the rings ?

be safe and replace ,any bike shop could do it or do it yourself ,get a manual for the said bike and away you go it aint rocket science

now my ol CR500 id like to see some 1 start that with there hand :)

SnItChY; now my ol CR500 id like to see some 1 start that with there hand :)[/QUOTE said:
hahahaha ya me to they have hell compression :D

and you say they flog 250f's my mate has an 07 cr125 and it dont flog my 250f they are about the same but the power curve is lots different

Last edited:
How come compression can be so low on 2 strokes?

it's not that they are low on compression, but the FEEL of compression increases with displacement, it's harder to compress 250cc's of fuel and air than it is to compress 125 cc's of fuel and air, it's pretty basic actually. my XR650R got so much compression I can stand with my 90kg on the kick and it won't budge.

my mates 07 yz125 will easts my inlaws crf250r (06) in a straight line all day everyday (cant get the power down on the 4 without the front end leaving the dirt) but other than that the 250 is all over it

and i was all over a 08 kx450f the other day on the inlaws crf!

my mates 07 yz125 will easts my inlaws crf250r (06) in a straight line all day everyday (cant get the power down on the 4 without the front end leaving the dirt) but other than that the 250 is all over it

and i was all over a 08 kx450f the other day on the inlaws crf!

hahaha sweet thats the shiz:D

and also my petrol goes very fast

i dont no why it drains like a BAD! is it because of the rings or what

i can start my cr125 2003 model with my hand lol and it was fully top end done 10-15 hours ago...
it start first go so its all sweet!!

Latest posts

Back