Cracked Gear...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently started a forum on my gearbox problems, I have stripped the engine and found that one of my gear teeth has a crack in it. Because of the crack it has moved the tooth back slightly which causes it to jam up when trying to get to the next tooth on the gear...If that made any sense. :D

Gear.jpg

That is the gear which has the crack, we think it's second gear but we arn't sure...

Gear-1.jpg

If you look closely you will see a very small crack in that tooth, its hard to see but its there.

I've heard around here that some of you guys pick up blown engines, if you have any of those gears you want to get rid of let me know. Also I'm looking for a casing gasket (the big one that joins the two halves of the engine together) and an exaust gasket. If anyone has them they wanna get rid of that would be great aswell.

I was also looking at the cylinder and I was wondering how much work/money it would be to bore it out, and how much can you bore out? And where I can pick up a bigger piston...

Oh and I have a DUCAR engine...But I think most china engines are the same...?

Any help would be awesome.
Thanks. :)
Matty

Last edited:
I'd more than likly have the gear some where in my shed. From experience i'd just replace the motor. Few hundred bucks get a good gearbox, with a fresh topend. Worth the money i'd say. Ohh and soo much less dicking round.

top thread mate well done

cant help you on any of your requests
i peronaly would have dumped the donk and got a new 1 but thats me i'm lazy

hehehehe good luck hope to see your next thread with it all together and running

hey thanks guys for your help, i was thinking about a new engine but i thought id pull the other one down first and check it out, if i have no luck with it i guess ill just have to get a new donk.

thanks.

im in nsw mman,

come on guys does anyone have a gear for it?? i just cant afford to buy a new engine at the moment so i need all the help i can get,

thanks

i would have the gear u want but i would need to break the engine down to see if its ok. ill get onto it tuesday

thanks mate that would help me out heaps.

let me know how you go with it. :)

dude i have 1 in this ducar donk i have
make sure its 2nd and not 3rd cos my 3rd is cracked

hey ducar.r.spec we are pretty sure its second gear cos there are 2 more smaller ones that go on top of the one i need. other than that i dont know how else to identify it. ill count the teeth on it if that would help. thanks heaps man

ok i counted the teeth and theres 31. and the gear is 1.5cm thick. hope that will help. thanks again.

Latest posts

Back