crank case cover

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazzy #1

Reaction score
how would i got about cutting the crank case cover... around where it "hides" the cog?

step points and pictures would be nice

One word, DREMEL, very handy tool, can port match for inlet mainfold , remove dags inside the case covers , use as polishing wheel... I got one for my CT70 im fixing up and damn its done alot of work , best $100 ive ever spent.

Last edited:
crazzy are you talking about the countersprocket when you refer to the cog? if so, I use a jig saw with a metal blade, just carefully mark the cover on the cut side and go at it, it works well, then you can grind it with the dremel to clean it up.

For my first one i used a grinder, delicate but did the job! Then for the second one i purchased a Dremel from bunnings for $50, did the job perfectly! Also used this for porting and polishing.

Just wondering the reason behind cutting your crank case cover? I have seen it done and seen aftermarket ones and always wondered why.

looks basically... and it makes the cog easier to remove...

on the other hand, whats a dremel? does it like spin with a grinding wheel on one side, sometimes on the other, but most have wire brushes?

Latest posts

Back