crf 50 or 70?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderFire

Reaction score
i want to build a pit bike.

i'm wondering which one would be better.

crf50 or crf70.

i will not do anything to the engine, just intake, exhaust, suspension etc....

NO BIG BORES

i will start out completely stock and build it.

what size would be better?

it will only be ridden lightly, back and forth, no rough riding at all.

i know i will be doing, regular renthal bars, no BBR. longer forks/swinger/shock, gfx, number plates, exhaust, intake, jetting, and probably +2 inches wheels/tires.

i would chose the 50 because they are fun but a fix up 70 would problery be fun to
you can do wheels stoppies bunny hops etc very easly on a fifty but not bunny hops on 70s

crf50 is cheaper to mod, and you can race it in stock class, not really a good class for a stock 70. Even as just a play bike the crf50 is better, I dont race but I have a stocka and its perfect

Stock Motor 70's are shithouse. Just a heaver bigger bike, with a very slow engine.

Get a 50, lighter smaller and more fun in stock form.

Only reason i would have a 70 is if it had a 124/etc. 12" race bike. Otherwise they are just a good bike for little kids.

i'd have a 70 just cause i dont fit on a 50

i'd all my mates went and bought 70's when we first started riding mini's and there pretty quick but not alot of punch but nothing a $1400 rebuild (107 or 124cc kit) wont fix

your choice the parts may be dearer but that will only be parts that arn't used on the 50's so swing arm may be differant fork legs and and rear shock outside of that there same same

i hope you've got a healthy wallet

Latest posts

Back