crf 50 stock grips anyone????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fire_dream

Reaction score
crf 50 aftermarket grips anyone????

hey guys my kids have a stock crf50 and the grips are real hard just wondering if anyone knows where i could get softer aftermaket ones. i tried honda they can only get in the same stock ones any help appreciated cheers.

Last edited:
Go into any motorbike shop mate and you should be able to find some. Protaper, Scott and a heap of other brands make them. I would highly reccommend the scott ones. Very long lasting and super soft.

the stock grips are smaller then regular size and im not sure what you could do to get after market ones, you could get some protaper, scott etc and cut them, but I think the stock size are also smaller in diametre not just length.

i jst bought some PRO TAPER:pillow Top grips for my thumpstar.
there awesome, heaps cumfy and nice and soft. very durable and long lasters, only $20 bucks from kawasaki, but would fit ur crf50

i'm 99% sure that they will fit. wire would help, yes but they should fit them

nah mate Just made sure of it pulled out my stock bars, and normal grips wont fit on them, grip wire would make them heaps lumpy and feel like crap so Im not sure what you could do.

Maybe put a sleeve over the stock bars to make them wider? Or have a look at some 50 online stores and see what they stock.

Another option would be get a new set of bars...

yeh like SHING said, a new set of bars would fix the problem, you coulf get PROTAPER crf50 bars that are made for the crf50 and the grips would fit that. There really good quailty bars ranging from about $80-100. cheapest i have ever seen them for is 80.

yeah i want to get a new set of bars but my husband isn't into bikes like me so whinges heaps when i want to spend money on them. i will need a kit to put new handle bars on too won't i? i got quoted $350 for the kit.

oh yeah i rang east coat 50s they said they don' t do them so i figured its probably something no store does. just posted thread in hope someone knew of a place.

yeah i want to get a new set of bars but my husband isn't into bikes like me so whinges heaps when i want to spend money on them. i will need a kit to put new handle bars on too won't i? i got quoted $350 for the kit.

if u have a crf50 u should jst be able to put the pro taper bars into the clamps, this is all i had to do for my thumpstar...plus the bars are made for crf50's there the PROTAPER crf50 handle bars. search google. there from 80-100. and there a great quality bar

You CANNOT run Any other grips on stock bars. They are made for little kids hands so they are smaller...Also you Cant just slap a set of Pro Tapers on a crf50. The stock clamp and bars is just welded together and then bolts into the top clamp...You need a new top clamp to fit bars, also a new throttle to fit the new bars.

A bar kit is the only option really if you want to run good grips. But make sure its a LOW set of bars. The kid will have issues trying to ride it with High bars that an adult would use....Makes it impossible to corner or control properly.

what about a set of BMX or MTB grips??

you can get them soft as and you can get ones that tighten with an allen key.

You CANNOT run Any other grips on stock bars. They are made for little kids hands so they are smaller...Also you Cant just slap a set of Pro Tapers on a crf50. The stock clamp and bars is just welded together and then bolts into the top clamp...You need a new top clamp to fit bars, also a new throttle to fit the new bars.

A bar kit is the only option really if you want to run good grips. But make sure its a LOW set of bars. The kid will have issues trying to ride it with High bars that an adult would use....Makes it impossible to corner or control properly.

Ok thanks..sorry for the mix up.

Latest posts

Back