CRF50 Mod's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason

Reaction score
Have just got ourselfs a CRF50 with bmx bars, 88cc kit & no other mods. What's the next mod Carby & exhaust or suspension?

Its a plethora of parts & brands out there. Any honda 50 guru's with some advice on where to buy etc.

Thanks Jason

Takegawa 124cc R Stage Bore and Stroke Kit.

around 11hp

Price: $1,650.00
inc GST within Australia.

~~~

Takegawa 124cc Super Head

Takegawa 124cc Super Head Bore and Stroke Kit. Transfer your very tame stock engine to a fire breathing 12.5hp monster.

Price: $1,794.98
inc GST within Australia
(Other parts needed for this kit.

High flow oil pump, Oil cooler, Takegawa hyper CDI unit, Takegawa 26mm Carb. Your bike will also need to be strong and stable to support this engine kit, Heavy Duty Clutch kit.)

Is it just me or are these specs, for the price not that impressive?
i don't know what the kitaco 124se kit costs but it has put out 17.2hp with a very good amount of bottem end tourque, considering it kept making power till 1300rpm (*edit $US1440), or you can just buy a complete 124 kitaco engine (rated at 17.5hp), i guess that would be quite expensive though. Sorry i got of topic, juts woundering what you think of those takegawa specs, they just seem a little funny, i mean one of their 88's even makes 11hp!

First mod on a 50 is nearly allways suspension, then motor... No point having a jet engine attached to a bi-plane.

Yes springs & a good shock! should of been the first thing!

Don't worry i saw your your web page! downhillers! you know pushy's not Moto's. we got some sick downhill area's over here

But that pipe looks like a cannon!

Last edited:
it depends on what you want it 4 stuntn,dirt or just riding around on
my mate has a xr50 with big bars dead stock and does he thrash it out held up ok so far couple broken brake levers thats about it and he was jumping stock suspension every thing the xr crf50s are pretty strong stock.

www.Fully50s.com - Cheapest in Aus

I would get some suspension done, Rear shock or just a HD Spring. dont get a 24mm carb if your running a stock head, a 20mm will run fine.

with the carb, get a 20mm keihin. its what the 88cc takegawa limited kits come with, and they rip. extremely reliable. 24mm carb is way to big for an 88 kit. 24mm carbs should only realy be used for anything 107cc's and over.

Springs! Deffinetely fully agree with Stunt101. I just put a Pro Circuit Ti4 on my TTR 50 (Diff brand same thing) and that made a pretty significant difference to the power, neighbours arnt loving it. but yea carby or muffler next.

hey mate u got a honda this site is full of chinas so what ever u get its gunna be good. and get a bbr perimeter fame with marrochi forks lol

Latest posts

Back