engine mounts.... what fits what?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motodad43

Reaction score
Hi All
fisrtly congrats to site creators etc. its a good thing. ive been reading a few threads about this and that and theres some good stuff in them. before i ask my questions and draw on this wealth of knowledge here is a little bit of my history ( presumes people are interested:) ) the 43 in the id unfortunatly is accurate and im a dad of three two boys and one girl. the two boys are 4 1/2 and three. ive been riding bikes for about 35 years now and had a few minis when i was a kid, hondas mainly i had an SL70 and XR80 and have great memories of the bush bashing on them so i thought i would introduce my boys to bikes early. I bought them a kazuma 50 quad about a year ago and then just last month bought the oldest boy a atomic motox 70. unfortunatly the 70 was just too big for him. so i ordered a pee wee 50 (with trainers) and i pick it up on saturday. He ( and I ) was that dissapointed that it was to big for him, so i had a look at and thought yeah it can handle us both so took him and his little brother for a few laps up and down our street This is where my problems started. after a few years off bikes ive got the bug again.

Sorry ran out of room. the reason i bought the kuzuma and then the 70 was because they just looked like a complete copy of the z 50 motor and from my past i know how good these were. which brings me to my questions.are the engine mounts on these motors the same ie ducar, lifan etc.? and are they the same as the honde 50/ 70 engines? I read in one of the other threads that some one had put the ducar side cover back on his upgraded lifan engine becaue of the oil filler hitting. so are even the side casings the same? the reason im asking im thinking ill keep the atomic but just upgrade to a lifan 138and ill ride it.
sorry about the long threads. ;)

Welcome! im the guy that had to change the side cover of the lifan to fit the my bike. But the lifan had a different fill point than the ducar, and i have a perimeter style frame and your bike will not have this. It would have the standard mounting points found across the range of the honda copys. So you should be in luck with a new engine upgrade

Just ensure that the cylinder is horizontal, as in most 110/125/138cc motors, the 150cc and 200cc motors will not fit as they have vertical cylinders.

Good luck!

Sean.

Latest posts

Back