First Big Bike, need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
First of all it is a Kawasaki KDX250 1985 model. Picked it up sunday arvo for $400 not running and got it going that night(Just a blocked pilot jet and general carby cleaning). Idles fine revs out allright, think it could do with some tuning though. It says on the tank 32:1 fuel but I think this is a bit too much oil, it does smoke a little so was wondering with today's modern oils would a 40:1 mix be OK?

Question 2: It seems the silence part has been taken out of the exhaust, is the a slip on muffler I can buy, maybe fmf or something? The stock muffler is welded to the exhaust though.

Q 3: How do you think the bike sounds in the video? Need new bearings or something? It is my first big 2t so not 100% sure if thats a normal sound.
[video]http://www.flickr.com/photos/artmar_creations/8382468125/[/video]

I'll leave it at that for now but will have a few more later thanks in advance.

It sounds as if it's not quite revving freely enough? Maybe do an exhaust clean out. Also with the jetting on the 2 smokes changing your fuel ratio will also have an effect, so play with the fuel first rather than jetting (at least that what id do) Looks like it'll be alot of fun to ride though, gotta lov the 2smokes :)

Thanks timeeh, I'll a 40:1 ratio then, How will I know if its running to little oil? Engine Temp maybe?
Just saw this
DirtOverstock - Detail
Which leads me to my next question, are parts interchangable between models, e.g. the kdx200 85?

Still getting used to that power band:p

Latest posts

Back