Forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the man

Reaction score
I was just wondering what was the difference between USD Forks and Conventional Forks? And which one is better i have heard that USD forks are better but not quite sure?

ive had a fair few bikes with both i dont notice much difference i like conventional over up side down forks the USD need the seals replaced every 12months once the seal is busted oil leaks all over the front disc and tyre also in the trailer this is why i like the conventional forks once the seal's go not much oil comes out so it gets u home safe and u dont need to bleed the air out as much as the USD forks from my experience my WR250 husky has these forks they do there job :wink:

hey ive got conventional forks and they are awsome. i was going 2 get usd forks but its not worth it. chinese bikes with usd forks are both the same, chinese bikes with usd forks dont do the job well. hey gazza when will my forks need a new seal, do they cost much?

not sure how long the chinese seals will last i have seen some really tight seals :shock: most jap bikes need the fork seals replaced every 12months max (riding once a week or more)

gazza2003au said:
ive had a fair few bikes with both i dont notice much difference i like conventional over up side down forks the USD need the seals replaced every 12months once the seal is busted oil leaks all over the front disc and tyre also in the trailer this is why i like the conventional forks once the seal's go not much oil comes out so it gets u home safe and u dont need to bleed the air out as much as the USD forks from my experience my WR250 husky has these forks they do there job :wink:

Thanks for clearing that for me mate. :D

Latest posts

Back