forkz

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you lift the bars do they extend?

if so, some spring spacers and thicker oil should do the trick.

and this is what i done, so i cant get em off

does it like i made much of a mess?
DSC00011-1.jpg

DSC00012-1.jpg

DSC00013-1.jpg

have u tried a socket works better than spanners and got a bit confused wid the petrol car looks like mine

well then! it musnt have been the right sized socket and i c u got rid of the petrol cars

Did you loosen the tripple clamp before you attacked the top nuts ?? I'm guessing no... Because the top nuts will come off with ease normally after you loosen the tripple clamp.

The chinese often go overboard with the thread lock on these top nuts, I changed the oil in mine on the weekend and they were stiff as but eventually came off but u defo need the right sized socket with the six edges that fit the nut exactly and not the quick fitting type ones.

nop will do that tomoro, take the bolts off the tripple clamps.... they just the alan key ones on the side of each tree?

well, undo the tripple tree bolts, and got it undone!!! but there another problem, the centre bar that screws into the bottom of the cap is stuck and wont undo

plus i figured out why my suspension was to hard... to much oil... draind abit and what u know it like when i first got it

still sags, so might have to get those spacers in

no worries, got it off (finnaly) now where would i put those spacers?

and im 60kg, and a guy from here told me to use 15w 40 castrol engine oil? what should i use for my weight?

15w40 sounds a bit keen... All the oil does is slow and speed up the dampening... Too much oil and it'l just lockup and wont move. I personaly use 7 weight motorex fork oil but my shocks are different to yours and has a dampen adjustments on top aswell.

Try different oils weight and amounts and see what you like the best.

I thought i needed 125ml aswell but drained 180 out so thats what i put back in.

Spacers sit ontop of the spring but below the nut.

Youve got to remember you get spring pressure from the springs. So if your bottoming out then you need to stiffen up your springs aswell as thicker oil.

Oil will only slow the movement of the forks so it depends what your use is.

If your riding mx then you want thicker oil so you dont bounce as much, if trail riding you want it thinner to keep the front wheel on teh ground more often.

i seen the lil bolt/cap in the fork when i pulled the silver bolt of the top, is this what you are talking about? where u put the spacer between it and the spring?

Back