Gasket Paper... Best Material (In Your Opinion)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASR Rider

Reaction score
Hi Riders, Just worked on the pitty for hours and ours trying to tune the lean out of it and realized that the gasket is rooted and all the unregestered air is making my enguine rev its tits off. I normally make my gaskets out of card (like a cereal box, but not) and it seems to go sweet. What do you guys use for your gaskets ??

-peace ride hard

Hi ASR Rider.
Use real gasket paper,We use it and buy it by the 5m roll, but if you go to an Egine Re-conditioner I am sure they will sell you a small piece for a few dollars.Then you will have enough Gasket material to make a stack of gaskets for you and your mates...
Ps Repco and Motor Traders carry gasket paper as well in different thicknesses .4mm , .8mm , etc.!

Cheers Brian

who uses gaskets?:p I use permatec aviation sealent for manifolds and on reused gaskets or grey silicon for cases and covers without any gasket

yeh i dont have a gasket between eirther side of my manifold =P ive got a plasitc spacer between my manifold and my carbie but thats bout it ;) jsut screw her on =D

get you're self some ultra blue! thats what we use when we seal any motor, just remember you have to re-apply it as it only bonds once and holds. . .

Its a toss up between wheetbix and corn flakes IMO. I have used both and so far no problems. But I have a roll of gasket paper now, its a green color, and it is probably better but not always as easy to find in the shed as a cereal box in the kitchen.

just go to supercheap and buy a roll.. they have ACL stuff and its not deer..

acl?? and thanks cass great idea but i will go to repco soon i wanna get a new plug anyways thanks but dude

Hurry up with the address dude I am about to go to bed and wont be back on the forum until next week.

Latest posts

Back