Gold Coast Hinterland - places to ride?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy the dog

Reaction score
Hello,

We have bought a little 50 yamaha for our son, he loves it to bits. We were letting him ride at Arundel, near the bike track in the council industrial estate. The police warned us today that it illegal and if we get caught again we will be fined - fair enough. Now the problem is finding somewhere legal for him to ride, that A) doesn't cost a fortune... and B) isn't over crowded, as he isn't confident yet. Any suggestion???

Thanks!

There is blackduck valley.

Is a very good spot for riding for all ages and riding levels.

There is a couple flat tracks that lots of kids can practice on , and a real beginner mx track , which have little jumps (singles) that can all be rolled easily . very good spot to get a kids skills up.

Here is the site , for youngsters it isnt very costly either.
Worst bit is the distance to travel to get there. would be around 1-2 hours from you . makes it worthwhile to have a camp out there for the weekend.

Blackduck Valley Motocross Park - Prices

Thanks so much for your replies, gives us an idea of where to start looking!
Cheers!:)

im also on the coast mate, and there is F ALL places to ride here, i live in pacific pines, and the nerang state forest is behind pac pines and il be hitting it up when my bikes finished, i got no license so they cant take that from me, and as far as i know they can only fine me? (please tell me the cops in QLD cant take ya bike off ya?)

anyways, me and me mate will be hitting up coomera (just near the train station) in the next few weeks, now we were told by another member that the developers have the all clear to start ripping up the land between the traino line and the M1 and cops are all over the place cos of that, now thats not much of an issue cos theres enough land behind the traino to go for a ride, (btw, i dont mind developers lol)

now, the real question is where do you love on the coast? if your in the arundal area its probs what, 30 mins to coomera? but there needs to be more options for us coasters.. thers mike hatchers race way on brisbane road in arundal i think? but thats for racing (i beleive?) and then ready creek track, i have never been to ither of them... if you can find a place to ride, pleas let me know too:)

hope any of the above was helpful?

Latest posts

Back