got me a new thumpstar

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven miles

Reaction score
Gday, my name is steve, im 15 and just got my first bike, its a 125cc Atomik thumpstar. I wanted to keep it sweet and check the engine and gearbox oils, was just wondering if someone could help me.. there is a dipstick on the right side of the bike, is that the engine oil?!

congrats on the bike mate, yeah the dipstick is for the engine oil

Hers just a few things that you should do to your bike before taking it for any hard rides

- Replace the stock brake fluid with some new/real stuff.
- loctite on: brake bolts, plastics bolts, handlebar related bolts, gear shifter lever clamp bolt, rear brake clamp bolt, exhaust header studs and nuts, fork clamp bolts, axle nuts, etc.
- Replace the engine transport oil with some better stuff.
- Light oil (Inox is best) on axles, and generally everywhere metal after riding and washing except the brake discs.
- The china air filters are crap. Get a genuine Unifilter and some of their filter oil.
- Check stock fuel line is not too brittle. Replace if necessary.
- Adjust your clutch freeplay for easy action for your left hand.
- Adjust your brake levers to suit your right hand and foot.
- Adjust your chain slack (seems to be best checked when someone sits on a pitbike).
- Change fork oil with some better stuff, If you want to go that far

yes correct mate
use our search button ,to find all the info you need on keeping your bike tiptop

Latest posts

Back