grips on bars

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoX

Reaction score
yer well i want to know the best way of getting my grips of my bars ive seen stuff on this forum about using a air compressor .. so wats the deal there cud sum 1 explain to me wat u do and how ?? or any easy other ways .

you blow the air up the inside of the grips, kind of lifts them up off the bar a bit so they slide off.

use a bit of elbow grease and twist them off while pulling @ same time.

Screw driver, WD40.
Simple level them up slightly with the screw driver and spray alot of WD40 i there. Then all you have to do it twist them abit and they should slide right off.

yeah. I don't think water would be the best, but i think the screw driver/wd40 is great. On mine bike i just levered it up with a flat head screwdriver and quitrted a bit of washing detergent down there.

Washing dertergent also helps when puting grips on. Turn it abit and in 5 days its solid.

yea dey r all good ideas mate but the quick and easy way is juss to slide a flat head screw driver into it and spray water down and den move it around and it should slide offf or juss do wat brayden#87 said juss chop dem off if u aint gonna use dem again.....

Use a small phillips screw driver to break the seal and spray soapy water in there.That`s what I do,unless they are stuffed,then it`s out with the stanley knife

I don't like the idea of washing detergent when putting grips on. I used it once and the grip came of in the wet when I had the front wheel in the air. Not nice.
I used to use a little petrol to slide them, it let them slip on easy then caused the rubber to stick to the bar. Had to cut them off after that.

well the morning fresh evaporates and sets hard. as for it going loose when u did a jump i doubt it. unless u just put it on and went for a ride

Back